1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an STI with Heine sights with the Straight Eight sight picture and I really like it. My Wilsons alll have the Wilson Tactical combat sights which I beleive are the same cut as Novaks. I am considering switching out the sights the #365 Heinie's Ultra Low-Mount SlantPro Straight Eight Set (Night Sights). Will these work on my Wilson? Thanks, Nelson

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes, the Wilson has Novak cut on slide. I'm, in the process of having the rear sight on my Wilson replaced. Ted Yost makes a professional grade rear sight and that's what I'm going with. You might want to give it a look on his web site. Hope this helps

·
Registered
462 Posts
Vickers put the Trijicon lamped lowmount Slantpros (Straight 8) on my Wilson Combat.

To match the rear sight, I also had him do a matching serrated and Trijicon lamped front sight.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Here's what it will look like nmorse.. Wilson CQB with Straight 8 for Novak cut.. 40lpi added by John Harrison (Precision Gunworks) The gun is unfinished in the pic, it is off getting Black T by Birdsong.. JM

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats pretty nice

Who did the serrations on the rear of the slide? My slide is checkered, I am a little concerns how it will look. Anyone have Heinie sights on a checkered slide?

·
Super Moderator
13,519 Posts
nmorse said:
Who did the serrations on the rear of the slide?

JMAC said: .... 40lpi added by John Harrison (Precision Gunworks) ...

·
Registered
462 Posts
nmorse said:
Who did the serrations on the rear of the slide? My slide is checkered, I am a little concerns how it will look. Anyone have Heinie sights on a checkered slide?
Usually, pistolsmiths serrate the rear of the slide to match the Heinies. It would look really strange having Heinies on a checkered rear...but hey, it's not my gun...just my two cents...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts