1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about the Heinie DOJ holster with thumb strap. Apparently, the holster was designed for the Springfield Professional Model (the FBI SWAT/HRT gun). I believe that 1911 has the Wilson Combat tactical ambi safety...if not that one, it's a thumb safety that is shaped like the Wilson. On the Heinie DOJ holster, the thumb strap fits over the ambi safety, and is molded for the Springfield FBI gun. I was wondering would the thumb strap fit a 1911 with a different tactical ambi safety, such as the Ed Brown?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Shamster,
You have a good relationship with Lou. Why not just give him a call and ask? I would say the two are close enough dimensionally that it shouldn't make a difference, but I would get it straight from the horses mouth. After all, Lou is the one that would have to guarantee it.

Tony

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help Tony.
Yeah, I was gonna just call Lou, but I know he's busy, so I didn't want to bother him now.
If nobody can answer, I'll just ask him directly then :)

·
Registered
624 Posts
Shamster, In answer to your question, yes, the thumb break on the Heinie DOJ would work with a Brown safety. We have guns in the shop with the Wilson Safety, or the Brown Ambi Safety.
Good to see you back on the forum.
Lou

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello all,

I'm new to this group. I'm excited to say that I just purchased online the Heinie DOJ Holster for my Springfield 1911. Is Heinie the only place to obtain holsters by Alessi?

Does Mr. Alessi make custom holsters for law enforcement...specifically used for duty? If so, how do I get hold of Mr. Alessi other than via this group?

Thanks,
Gerry

·
Registered
72 Posts
Shamster,

The Heine/Alessi DOJ w/thumbbreak should work just fine over a Brown ambi-safety. I used that holster on my 5" 1911 with the wide Brown ambi, and had no problems, once the holster got broken in. The break-in was no different than any of Lou's fine leather. A little snug at first, and it has since been perfect. Just my 0.02....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.