1911Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody replace their rear sight with one of these?

anyone have them drilled out for 3-dot configuration?

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
I've thought about it. But since I went with a FO front, that was not the same height as the original, stayed with the adjustable. By the way the Kimber adjustable came apart last month. No complaints, it lasted 5+ years. The Kimber is now wearing a Bo-Mar.

·
Banned
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
are there any other brands that make something similar? Especially nice would be if I could find something in a 3-dot configuration.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had the "straight eights" put on a stainless target model. I like the vertical 2 dots more than the horizontal 3 dots. Faster target acquisition... for me anyway... ymmv. POA matched POI when I received them and I was a VERY satisfied customer. I am also getting those sights for my GLoCK 19, 21 and Kimber Royal.

·
Banned
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Disturbed said:
I had the "straight eights" put on a stainless target model. I like the vertical 2 dots more than the horizontal 3 dots. Faster target acquisition... for me anyway... ymmv. POA matched POI when I received them and I was a VERY satisfied customer. I am also getting those sights for my GLoCK 19, 21 and Kimber Royal.
My problem is, my Sig and both my Glocks have the 3 dot, and it's what I'm used to. I don't want to change out all my guns just to accomodate this one gun.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have the standard night sights. I could easily live without the night vials, but that's the way it came. What's so bad about Kimber's sights anyway? They look damn close to Heine's and others and I've never broken one. Unless you want a different dot or bar-dot setup, why bother changing?

·
Banned
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
trask said:
I have the standard night sights. I could easily live without the night vials, but that's the way it came. What's so bad about Kimber's sights anyway? They look damn close to Heine's and others and I've never broken one. Unless you want a different dot or bar-dot setup, why bother changing?
Read the topic. Heinie FIXED replacement for ADJUSTABLES. The pistol I bought has adjustable sights, and I want fixed. Kind of silly to go through all this crap to get a series I gun with LESS moving parts, just to keep a rear sight with MORE. Well, at least the sight won't cause the gun to lockup if it fails like the FP safety will.

·
Registered
240 Posts
A Johnston said:
I have a gussied-up Gold Match with that Heinie in it..... as expected it fits and works very well. Although it?s a bit less pleasing to the eye it is a wonderful replacement for the original Kimber part.

Is this sight compatible with the Kimber factory front sight?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts