1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get the Heinie ledge straight eight rear night sight for my Executive Elite. Is this something I can do myself or will I need a gunsmith to instal? I'm not sure if the Ed Brown night sight cut is the same for both sights. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,753 Posts
Depends on the cut....if you get one of the Heinie versions with a Novak cut ( he sells them ), it is rather simple to do, give some simple and proper tools to drift sight in to dovetail.

If you get one with a Hienie cut it will not fit.

BTW, Brown has installed BOTH version on custom guns for me in the past, in other words, they have built new guns with a Hienie cut.

IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!! If you decide to remove your old Brown sight please note the set screw does have Loc-tite on it. Strongly recommend you do no just try to loosen it, easily possible to strip.....take a 40 watt soldering iron, heat set screw to break bond.

·
Registered
49 Posts
fitz152, I recently installed 10-08 rear sight and Ed Brown front Fiber Optic on my SFC. This was by far the easiest sight install I have ever done. I know it's not a Heinie rear but removal of Ed Brown sights was very easy.

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!! If you decide to remove your old Brown sight please note the set screw does have Loc-tite on it. Strongly recommend you do not just try to loosen it, easily possible to strip.....take a 40 watt soldering iron, heat set screw to break bond.
^^^^^^This is good information^^^^^^^

1 - 5 of 5 Posts