1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Has anyone done this? It looks like it required milling of the slide. I've really grown used to the Heinie sight picture, and would love to be able to pick up a CQB with the Heinies.

Anyone have a success story?

thanks in advance,
Regards,
Francis

· Registered
914 Posts
If you don't mind waiting, order your CQB with the sights you want. They won't yank one off the shelf and retrofit it. What they WILL do, however, is wait 'til they do another "run" of CQBs and earmark yours for the Heinie sights. Problem is, they may not be planning another run of CQBs for quite some time.

Call 'em and see.

· Super Moderator
13,633 Posts
Wilson will NOT install a Heinie on their guns. This question was asked on the Wilson forum. If you want this done, get your qualified local gunsmith to put one on. If you have the older CQB with the #367 sight, the slide will have to be milled for the Heinie. If you have the newer CQB with the #463 sight, the slide cut is the same as a Novak's. Heinie make sights that fit into a Novak's cut that won't require additional milling.

· Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
Inspector Harry Calahan.

I retail the Custom and production line

Wilson as with the others which include Ed Brown and Les Baer are propritary and use componets the respective companies use or sell.

Pure guess here but reasons primarily are civil liability and then warranty/service. Who services or warrants the other than my product.

It may seem moot on sights (consider the failure of a other than company sear or whatever) but in this day and age of civil litigation and a seller of a gun can be sued in civil court for his/her/of business on the sale and the cost of defending that action will put one out of business irregardless of who wins.

(Win the battle and lose the war)

Keep in mind a person can be sued as well as a business.

I watched this happen to one of our local Gun Show Guru's. He won, of course (it was dropped), but the several thousand dollars to get it tossed out got/taught him to get a driver's license and insure the person who bought his gun had one and was of legal age.

I hope this helps.

Back to FrancisB's question. Most any of your one man shops can install the sight for you or try to get the dovetail cut of the sight you want as Ricky T posted then file fit yourself.

This is one reason all of the Wilson's I retail come with the 463 sight cut which is the Novak standard dovetail and many of the other type of sights such as the Heinie line are made with the Novak Dovetail cut.

I hope this helps.

------------------
Be safe and keep the brass flying

Terry Peters

http://www.pt-partners.com

Do your research but you get what you pay for front end or back end.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.