1911Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a RIA A1 CS and want to change out the all black dove tailed sights. I've been in contact with Heine and they suggest sending them my slide so they can measure and see if they have anything that fits. All sounds great except the fact I'll be without my pistol for however long that takes. Not to mention all the possible things that could go wrong. My question for the community is, does anyone have any Heine sights installed on their RIA? I'm specifically asking about their straight 8 sights but not a deal breaker if I need to choose something else because of fit. Thank you in advance.

· Registered
3,579 Posts
If you know the rear sight cut and dimensions a rear sight is one of the easiest things to replace yourself

· Registered
14,308 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This gun? Rock Island Armory M1911-A1 CS Tactical .45 ACP 3.5in 7rd

If so, it appears to have a Novak-ish rear sight dovetail. You'll notice in Novak's "Sights 101", RIA uses an "unauthorized" Novak sights/dovetails. The RIA dovetail could be almost anything.

Heinie does offer sights for the Novak dovetail, but whether the RIA version is close enough, I don't know.
Yes, that's the one.....I will probably just send it to them. The lady I've been talking to said it would cost about $50 for both sights to be installed with a turn around time of 2-3 days.

· Premium Member
17,521 Posts
Taurus has used 'Heine'-marked sights that they made under license, and the real Heinies can be substituted with minor fitting. Did this myself on my Gen 1 Millenium 24/7 Pro .45. I took out the original 3-dot sights and put in Heinie night sights. So what you have to do is determine what kind of sights you have if you want to do this yourself. I would pick out some Novaks sights and send them the slide to install them. This is the best way. I don't know if Heinie does this but if they do, that would also be a reasonable alternative.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Taurus has used 'Heine'-marked sights that they made under license, and the real Heinies can be substituted with minor fitting. Did this myself on my Gen 1 Millenium 24/7 Pro .45. I took out the original 3-dot sights and put in Heinie night sights. So what you have to do is determine what kind of sights you have if you want to do this yourself. I would pick out some Novaks sights and send them the slide to install them. This is the best way. I don't know if Heinie does this but if they do, that would also be a reasonable alternative.
I've been in contact with Heine and they stated if they have something that will fit or "work" they would do any fitment adjustment and install for me. I am looking at other sights too. I mentioned Heine because I have them on my Glock 30 and found it faster to get on target than a 3 dot.

· Registered
284 Posts
I'm going to ship the slide to them and see what they say.
I would strongly advise that you ship the slide using pretty much any carrier EXCEPT USPS. I sent my 1911 slide to Novak a few years ago for some sight installation. It got there fine, on the return trip it went intermittently missing for weeks at a time. West Virginia to Michigan wound up taking more than 5 weeks.I coulda poohed out diamonds I was so tense...

· Registered
34 Posts
I sent my slide to them for front a rear sight install. They are very nice to deal with and they turned it around in a day or two. It spent more time shipping back and forth than they took
to swap out the sights. I think it was like a week and a half total. Sights are dead zero like the factory sights.
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

1 - 14 of 14 Posts