1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. First post, and just want to give you all a sincere Thank You!:biglaugh: You see, I just got talked into buying a Kimber Ultra Carry from a long time friend/FFL, and I love it!! This will be my primary CC piece, and I think it was an excellent recommendation. The reason I thank you all is because I stumbled onto this site before I put too many rounds through it, and as such you all saved me from the dreaded McCormick Chip in my alloy frame, and pointed me towards Tripp. I never did have any FTF or FTE in that first 60 rounds I fired, but thanks to you all, I know I won't be damaging my Kimber, and will actually be upgrading the reliability. So, thanks for the great information!

Lastly, is anyone using the Cor-Bon 160 gr DPX loads in your 3 inchers? I've always liked the 230 gr Hydra Shocks, but the Cor-Bons have me really intrigued. Any comments?

Thanks guys :rock:

·
Registered
692 Posts
First of all, wlcome aboard. I'm glad to hear you are having good luck with your new Kimber. I have heard a lot of good things about the Corbon DPX ammo. I have not personally used any so I can't give you any first hand experiences. All I can say is that you should probably make sure the DPX functions reliably in your Ultra before you rely on it for defensive purposes. Continued good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts