1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I've been reading the forum here, and as many other sites as possible, and wanted to say I just ordered my first pistol - a Parkerized SA Mil-Spec!

No luck searching locally (at a reasonable price), and online via auction sites and others. I stumbled upon a site yesterday, and received an answer to my email this morning, so I called them up and placed the order!

I've been torn between the GI model and the Mil-Spec. I REALLY like the styling of the of the original guns, but when it came down to price, the Mil-Spec was equal to or less than the GI model.

The package I bought comes with two magazines, two sets of panel grips, tools and what-not, and the dealer included a cable lock. Small things, but still nice to have.

I've been trying to research the ever-debated break-in and also cleaning information. This site has been a great help in that regard. Thanks!

I'll get some pictures posted when the gun arrives.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Congratulation on your new rig. I think you are going to love it. Nothing like a 1911.

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
Welcome and enjoy.....fine place and people.

Nice choice on a weapon. I own a Springer Parked Mil Spec and that gun has been a workhorse. With my older eyes (and tri-focals) those slightly larger sights have worked out well.

Actually, own two Springer Mil Specs now, but one was an older 9mm version that I lucked on to at a local shop. It did need some serious work (had been really shot over the years) but now it's one of my best guns.

Just shoot it (with good FMJ ammo) to break her in. Mine worked like a champ right out of the box. Clean as needed. They can come in dry so make sure it has a touch of lube where needed before you start blasting away.

Let us know how it goes.

Be safe, shoot well. :rock:

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
SS, Welcome Aboard!
You have made a fine choice.
The MIL-Spec is a great balance between just enough basic features and.
To many Foo-Foo’s I’m not ready for that’s gonna get the job done BS on some body else’s gun.

You have chosen wisely.

Sights you can actually use are a big deal.

I have an older version of your gun, when they used to come nicely blued.
As you can see I have thoroughly screwed it up.
Currently it is in a .460 Rowland configuration with compensated barrel.
But I have a Nowlin .45ACP barrel that is fitted for the gun as well.
Mine is twenty years yours junior but has been a superb weapon.
It has never failed me in .45ACP or the Rowland.
Yes I have broken some small parts and gone through several barrels but the frame and slide are like new.
I really am satisfied with my SA MIL-Spec

SA makes good guns, and they stand behind them.

Enjoy your new gun and post a pic when you can.

(Have you ever had a Spam, bacon with grape jam on buttered toast sandwich?)
It’s the forth-best thing in life.
My MIL-Spec, Good Luck with Yours

1 - 4 of 4 Posts