1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been lazy, just joined . On several other forums. Around 1911s for 60 years. Have a few, enjoy shooting and reloading assorted ammo since 70’s. After RVN on Army pistol team, best duty there is. Paid to shoot 1911 every day.

· Premium Member
1,700 Posts
Been lazy, just joined . On several other forums. Around 1911s for 60 years. Have a few, enjoy shooting and reloading assorted ammo since 70’s. After RVN on Army pistol team, best duty there is. Paid to shoot 1911 every day.
Welcome from NW Georgia 🇬🇪. Thanks for your service and y’all folks down in Florida got the best Governor in the USA.

· Premium Member
8,844 Posts
38-357,45 ACP, 45 Colt,30.06 and 7.62 Nato. Downsized from about 20, sold off or gave guns to son and grandson.
You have things pretty well covered. I load several more calibers than you listed, but some of them just don't get shot that often (.25acp, .32acp, .38 S&W) others I still shoot but are calibers you just shoot 300-rounds at a trip (.458 SOCOM, .500 S&W Magnum). .38/.357, .45acp, and .44 once were the ones I loaded the most for, then I picked up a 9mm. My goodness, I can run through a ton of rounds of 9mm real fast.

Grumpy

· Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
You have things pretty well covered. I load several more calibers than you listed, but some of them just don't get shot that often (.25acp, .32acp, .38 S&W) others I still shoot but are calibers you just shoot 300-rounds at a trip (.458 SOCOM, .500 S&W Magnum). .38/.357, .45acp, and .44 once were the ones I loaded the most for, then I picked up a 9mm. My goodness, I can run through a ton of rounds of 9mm real fast.

Grumpy
Yes, used to load 32 ACP, 380 ACP, 9 mm and 44 mag. 44 mag had to go since nerve issues in hands. Sold 270 , 17 HMR so down to 2 CF rifles. About half of whats left will be given away very soon as we are downsizing Again. Then theres a large US Militaria collection…

· Premium Member
8,844 Posts
I still enjoy the large bores. I load for my .45 Colt and .44 Magnum mild to upper mid-range. Last two Redhawks I bought came with Hogue grips, and they help a lot. I do load a lot of .44 S&W Special loads and some .45 Colt Cowboy loads (basically a .45 Colt Special). Still heavy bullets at respectable velocities, but way less recoil than full-bore magnums. My biggest sorrow is my son and grandson just are not into shooting. My son prefers computers, and my daughter is so anti-gun she will not allow me to even let me mention firearms around my grandson. So, I shoot and reload for myself and occasionally the wife. :(
When I give it up, my equipment, my supplies, and my firearms will be sold. My son and daughter will take the money. But I'm just grumpy enough I'll direct the money to the State Rifle Association or the NRA.

Grumpy

1 - 20 of 24 Posts