1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time lurker, finally decided to join. I've got a few 1911's. 2 Rugers, and a Para P14.45 LDA.

One of the Rugers is a Target 10mm, haven't put many rounds through it, yet. But so far I'm the weak link in the accuracy department.

The other Ruger is my favorite. It's a Commander that I bought in 2014. To date it has 13,400 rounds through it. It's never given much trouble, replaced springs a couple times along the way. It's been a fun shooter, and a permanent part of my collection.

The last one, a made in Canada Para P14.45 LDA. This one is the black sheep of the group, being a double action and a double stack. Recently got it, haven't shot it yet. It appears to have not been shot too much. Not sure on age, but it has a Commander hammer and from my research that means it's a pretty early one. Ordered a trigger set for it while it's still available just in case. Outside of not not cooking the hammer, anything else I need to know?

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

· Premium Member
786 Posts
Welcome. Where in GA? We're up in Blairsville in the summers.

· Premium Member
8,935 Posts
Welcome aboard. I also own a Ruger SR1911 and it has been just as reliable as my Colt LW Commander and my Wilson Combat CQB. In fact, it often is my CCW. Care to share your shooting habits. Do you paper punch, shoot competition, hunt, CCW or do you reload?

Grumpy

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome aboard. I also own a Ruger SR1911 and it has been just as reliable as my Colt LW Commander and my Wilson Combat CQB. In fact, it often is my CCW. Care to share your shooting habits. Do you paper punch, shoot competition, hunt, CCW or do you reload?

Grumpy
I reload and used to shoot local matches with it. I do carry it on occasion, but have transitioned to carrying my Smith Model 66 most of the time so the Commander just sits in the safe these days unless it's punching paper.

· Premium Member
8,935 Posts
I reload and used to shoot local matches with it. I do carry it on occasion, but have transitioned to carrying my Smith Model 66 most of the time so the Commander just sits in the safe these days unless it's punching paper.
I have several "wheel-guns" in my CCW rotation. Every arm in the rotation gets regular and frequent range time. Of course, there are a coupe auto-loaders in the rotation too including the 1911s

Grumpy.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1911's and a Z06? (y)
It's been a few years. I had a white 01 Z06 with mod red interior. 25k mile bone stock. Someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse. The name just stuck around. Currently I have the car I wanted as a kid, it's probably here to stay, a Comp Yellow 95 ZR-1. It was sent to Doug Rippie and has one of his DRM500 packages done and a set of Shelby Series 1 wheels. Currently waiting on it to get out of paint jail.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts