1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting myself a Kimber Custom II Stainless for christmas this year with my bonus and plan to have a good bit of work done to it to make it my own. I am 19 and looking very forward to when I can get a concealed permit once I turn 21.... My other hobbys are working on my 2005 Silverado Crew Cab and have been collect vintage bicycles a little while and just finished my 1948Monark Rocket bicycle I built....

I plan to get a feel for the gun before any major modifications but plans include...

S&A Magwell
Ambi Safety
Getting some Tripp Mags (Unless anyone points me in a better direction than what Ive read.)
And wanting to have some custom work done by Rogers Precision.
And last but least have some minor engraving done...

I will most likely not want to carry it once done and if that is the case I will look into a .9mm or .40....

Im very glad to of found this forum and hope to learn a lot.

Thanks, Colyn.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Went and held a few different Kimbers and now I'm dead set on the Custom II in stainless... it felt like it was made for my hand and the gun is one beautiful piece. Ready to order mine in the next week or so when I call around some more and get the best price. Last one said $880 so well see if anyone beats him..

Attachments

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Welcome from Valdosta.

And I agree with your reading on the Tripp mags. That's all I buy.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found my Kimber Stainless II in Lawrenceville tonite for $850 and I'm putting a deposit on it until I can drive up and pick it up. I called every Kimber dealer in GA today off of kimbers dealer webpage and only 7-8 had the gun I wanted the others had a 6-8 month wait.... so glad and ready to get it.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Welcome aboard from Illinois!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts