1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saying hello from the most assinine state in the US. I was an avid Trap & Skeet guy and my son has got me very interested in shooting handgun. Just applied today for my LTC in this crazy state, so now it's background check, and how you part your hair and if you'll rump swab the chief of police to see if he'll give you the LTC, whole process is at least 60 days. I've been shooting with my son and intend to take some instruction on the proper way to shoot,and obtaining info from some of the knowlegeable shooters here.

·
Administrator
74,401 Posts
Welcome, and my condolences at the same time. Hopefully we're all trying hard to keep the rest of the country from adopting Massachusetts' "sensible" gun laws.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
If you are looking for a good club to join thre is none better than the Harvard Sportsman Club. Its right about the intersection of routes 2 and 495.

Being from Dracut Pelham NH is not far away and they have a 600 yard rifle range.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Welcome from Cape Cod. It could be worse, we could live in New York. It took me about
4 months to get my LTC this year. That was after I was done with the local PD. The slowdown was with the State Police background check. There was a huge backlog because everyone is rushing to get their LTC before uncle sam makes it even more difficult. Maybe the process will be quicker for you. Good luck

·
Registered
174 Posts
60 days, huh?

In NY, in my county, it took me 90 days...but I'm in a rural, conservative county, so I got lucky.

In most NY counties, the wait is 12 to 18 months. There are several counties where folks are reporting a 2 year process to finally get a simple target permit.

At this point, I think a lot of NY folks would gladly accept a 60 day process.

...and welcome to the forum! ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Well, they say 60 days, to be on the realistic side it'll probably be closer to 120 days. I've got my fingers crossed. Really ironic when you look at this state as being so historic and a lot of our rights and libertys were started here. I'm sure all the crimminals are going to abide by the rules and laws. Well, we've all heard it before so I'll just thank everyone for the welcome, and hopefully they'll stop tying the hands of law abiding gun owners.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
good luck!
I left Taxachusetts and all the Mass holes behind in 1990
and came to the free state of North Carolina.
Best decision I ever made, for so many reaons.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Welcome and my condolences. I know a few folks that have been waiting as long as 6 months for their LTC renewals! If you receive your license in 120 days then you are one of the lucky ones.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts