1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
Sorry my first post so... sorry

I have FM hi-power and its nice and all, but i have a really big issue. My extractor is really bad and i dont find one anywhere. yes, companys in USA sell them but they dont send internationally an i live in Finland. Browning dont import any parts to finland and i dont know why, but like cylinder&slide parts can be imported but no one is doing that.
Its funny that part is fully legal and even baby can buy it if they find one. You only need licence for barrel, slide and frame but all accessories and other parts are allowed to buy for anyone.

Can anybody help me with this issue? Im so desperate in this point that i had to try found one trougth forums etc.

And sorry my grammar, i try my best. Thank for answers, if there is any :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
BH Spring Solutions will take international orders but I do not know if that includes Finland.

I do not know if a FN extractor will fit a FM pistol, ask BH before you buy.
Thanks for answer! They dont let me put any other than Guam, Puerto Rico , United States and Virgin islands in country/region place when i try do order :/
Edit: OH, i check their shipping policy and there was that international orders must do via email :) so there is little hope. i have searched that part last few years, this is kinda last time i even try to find that part

·
Registered
647 Posts
You might try and contact Slav from BHSS. He lives in Bulgaria and may be able to help...

If you search for "Slav" on this forum, you will find him.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You might try and contact Slav from BHSS. He lives in Bulgaria and may be able to help...

If you search for "Slav" on this forum, you will find him.
Thank you for advise! :) But if you can, tell me what that BHSS is or give a link or something. Sorry my 3. language is english so i dont know very much yet about these internet things. You can put it in private message if want, but thank you :)

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Odd , because one of the myths of the HP is that parts are available in every corner of the world.
Due to ITARS , shipping even the most innocuous part (pin-spring-screw) that ''can be'' used in any weapon or firearm outside of the CONUS without State Dept approval is a violation of Federal law.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Odd , because one of the myths of the HP is that parts are available in every corner of the world.
FN/Browning ceased manufacture of parts when they ceased production of the High Power. As the years go by, there are fewer and fewer High Powers in service. We are fortunate to have folks like BHSS, Jack First and other companies to produce needed replacement parts and platform innovations!

*Jack First makes a nice reproduction of the older internal extractor.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Due to ITARS , shipping even the most innocuous part (pin-spring-screw) that ''can be'' used in any weapon or firearm outside of the CONUS without State Dept approval is a violation of Federal law.
Brownells-Finland sell some parts that are manufactured by some others than Browning, like cylinder&slide. And hnnnngh, it may be harder to found one if thats true :E
I remember when i bougth nylon 66 parts from numrich like 10 years ago (i dont remember year) and second time i tried to buy parts, they have banned shipping to my country :( And so was every other sites too. It was devestating.

I sooo hope that i can get one from BHSS. I have tried to find one from UK and Norway and Russia but no luck or im just so bad with google :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmm, idk and i dont wanna be that guy who is in such a stupid hurry, but is it normal to take like over a week when American companies answer their e-mails..? I just wonder that do they answer at all if they cant help me and i wait for nothing.

·
Registered
941 Posts
It's not ab-normal...especially if it's an unusual request. An order from overseas for most of these firms tends to be unusual. Then, add in Covid-19 and things become even less '..normal..'. Why not send them another e-mail ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts