1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellas,

I'm a springfield man who loves his Professional model, however I fell in love with the PRO TLE/RL II. It feels so good and is balanced prefectfly for me.

It would be much easier and comfy to carry.

You owners out there, what has been your experience as of late with these pistols and how have they performed after a few thousand rounds?

Thank you all,

·
Banned
26 Posts
Cool another Oregon member who fell in love with the same Kimber.

What are the chances?

So, how would you like your feedback?

I could tell you about all the good things or I could tell you about all of the bad.

To be frank, I'd rather you asked about the good things cause it would be alot easier to explain over the internet. :cool:

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
SA PROFESSIONAL said:
Fellas,

I'm a springfield man who loves his Professional model, however I fell in love with the PRO TLE/RL II. It feels so good and is balanced prefectfly for me.

You owners out there, what has been your experience as of late with these pistols and how have they performed after a few thousand rounds?

Thank you all,
Get a Warrior. Mine has seen many rounds without a hitch. As accurate as any of my high dollar 1911's. Worth the money to get one over the TLE (which is a good buy as well, but I want an internal extracter).

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have a Kimber TLE RL II... great pistol, looking... but it took me a year of messing with to get it to fire 100% accurate. It had trouble with the 230 grain FMJ rounds bumping the slide catch and locking halfway through the magazine. Granted, I only shot about 2000 rounds in that year... I bet I could have solved it with a Wilson slide catch, but anyhow... Other than that issue, it has been great... never had any problems with the extractor, so I personally wouldn't worry about internal vs. external... it is a great gun once you get it to run right.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have a stainless TLE II and it's been perfect in every way. As an aside, I use CMC Power Mags AND the original Kimber mag, and they all have been perfect. This Kimber is so accurate it's scary good!

I put a Wilson extended slide release and S&A stainless arched MSH on it and now it's even more perfect for me.

HH

·
Registered
128 Posts
SA PROFESSIONAL said:
Fellas,

Thank you all,
I've got one with over a thousand rounds through it with no problems.

It's more accurate than I am, do you really need the rail for carry, it really limits your choices for holsters?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no i dont need the rail for carry, i just like the way it loads the weight forward and not to mention the coolness factor. LOL

Where in Oregon are ya? I'm in Corvallis.

So tell me about the goods and bads man,

I'm not hearing alot of praise for this pistol and it troubles me. Im used to my Springer PRO that has not had one error yet and it makes me look like a great shot.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Pro TLE II

Hello, I also have a Kimber TLE II that has been 100% reliable with the external extractor. It has about 1500 rds. through it thus far. I will tell you though......My father and I were at Sportsman Warehouse, and we held a Pro TLE II that had an INTERNAL Extractor. So, if the extractor is an issue to you, you CAN find them with internal ex.

Take care, Mike Arnold

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its my take that the external is supposed to be more robust and stronger ejecting, correct? In theory?

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
SA PROFESSIONAL said:
Its my take that the external is supposed to be more robust and stronger ejecting, correct? In theory?
In theory yes, in practice no. Internal is the way to go. But from reading some of these posts, if you have an issue Kimber will replace the external with an internal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts