1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
I just purchased a used CharlesDaly 1911 for a whopping $150.00- Fully functionial- Except it keeps wearing out bushings-

I intend to replace the
Hammer
Sear
Ejector
Firing Pin
Trigger
Safety
Mag Catch
Mainspring Housing
Extractor
with Chip McCormick parts,

and the Bushing with a Match Grade Colt Series 70-

My questions are these...

1) Will the series 70 Bushing work in a CD
2) What other of the Daly's parts should I replace?
3) What is the possible culprit behing all the bushings wearing out?

The only reason I am doing this projest in the first place is bacuase I am getting a great deal on the gun, and aftermarket improvement parts... So the whole ball of wax will run me less than $400.00-

Thanks a lot, and looking forward to being a contributor!

HOSS

·
Registered
287 Posts
HOSS,
First off, welcome to the forum. We will greatly appreciate your involvement. I don't know why your CD is wearing out bushings, but someone here will. Looks to me like you have all the major replacement parts covered pretty well. My CD FS is at the 6400 round mark and all I have done is slapped on a nice set of walnut grips and replaced the extractor.

The extractor lasted just over the 6K round mark, some are surprised it lasted that long because it is cast. I replaced mine with an Ed Brown Hardcore extractor. Approximately 1/16" sticks out the rear of the slide. I plan to file it flush and apply cold-blue in the future.

I use my Daly primarily for competition and have found great success with it. Check out Walking Point's evaluation of the new EFS model he received. Lot's of good stuff there. Take care and glad to have you aboard!

good shootin', gf

·
Registered
489 Posts
Originally posted by H0SS:
Hi!
I JUST PURCHASED a used CharlesDaly 1911 for a whopping $150.00- Fully functionial- Except it KEEPS wearing out bushings-

Thanks a lot, and looking forward to being a contributor!

HOSS
UH HUH....You probably need a new frame...I heard Essex makes one that you may like.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Good luck getting that ejector pin out. I haven't seriously attacked mine yet, but my initial effort was a failure.

The mag release will likely not be a drop-in proposition from what I've seen with 2 different frames. The replacement part will be oversized and you'll have to fit it by hand.

The extractor will definitely need the filing job mentioned by gunny. I'm approaching the 4000K round count right now, so I'm going to file down an Ed Brown extractor very soon. Once I get the pin out, I'm going to put in an EB ejector as well.

I've got to replace the Wilson trigger in mine. The one I have in it now was fitted to another pistol, so the fit isn't as tight as I'd like. Still much better than the factory trigger though.

Replace the disconnector and all the springs while you're at it...

I don't know why it's wearing out bushings. Can you describe the problem in more detail?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts