1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Managed to find a trojan at the lgs for under 1k.. figured i would give it a shot. Im coming from the S&w e-series( witch is a great 1911) all i can say is this trojan is night and day.. slide to frame fit is insane these guys really know how to put a gun together. Very excited to go to the range.

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
MV, I think you'll enjoy your new gun. I'd seen good reports on the Trojans for years, handled them at a couple big gunshows, etc, but never owned one until early this year. I bought mine based on the build quality reported, and evidenced in the ones I'd handled. I was so impressed with the first, I bought another one several months later. I consider them among the best 1911 purchases I've made over the last many years...

Those hard chrome ones are really nice looking aren't they. Super durable, practical finish.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Managed to find a trojan at the lgs for under 1k.. figured i would give it a shot. Im coming from the S&w e-series( witch is a great 1911) all i can say is this trojan is night and day.. slide to frame fit is insane these guys really know how to put a gun together. Very excited to go to the range.
Welcome and glad to have you join our happily addicted group and congrats on finding a Trojan at under $1k. It's an excellent pistol. Smooth and accurate. I have two (9mm & .45) among my stable of STI pistols and have never been disappointed. Once you get it to the range you'll understand why we speak so highly of STI here on the forum. Not only do you now own an excellent 1911, but you're a customer of a terrific company with great people who are committed to keeping customers for a lifetime.

One word of warning, STI pistols can be habit forming. If you migrate to one of their 2011s just give in to the addiction.:biglaugh:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Welcome to the STI family! I'm fairly new to the STI family myself. Bought a Ranger II last month, have about 150 rounds through her. Love it. Trying to figure out which STI I want next!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts