1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was directed to this site for some knowledge on the 1911A1. I have had a WWII Complete Colt that my great-unce gave/traded me quite a few years ago. I love that pistol because of the history behind it but because it shoots.

Yesterday I traded into a Colt Series 80 that is in nice shape. The tigger pull on it is nice and crisp. Now, someone changed the rear sight out to a MGM, I think that is what it said, and a taller front sight and some crappy palstic grips. Right now the pistol has some Ivory that I have but am not sure what to do.

I would like to fix it up a little. Has anyone used the Chip McCormick replaceable rear sight? What about grip safety and ext. thumb safety? What about lowering the ejection port? Who are the smiths to check with? I am new to all this--the HK P7M8 was taken by my wife and I want a carry gun. Any thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Banned
5,943 Posts
Traded into a Series 80 Colt???? I hope you didn't trade your WWII Colt in for the newer Colt. Military Colts are going up in value like there is no tomorrow.

As far as trading out the controls on your S80 pistol, I'd keep the original controls as they are more durable than some of the new pot metal controls floating around on the market.

The CMC fixed rear sight looks okay but it's not adjustable for windage as far as I remember.

Hope this helps and welcome to the forum.

Regards,
Sam

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I still have the WWII Colt, for no othre reason than it is a family piece. I trades an old 1903A3 for the pistol and a little extra in my pocket.

I am trying to decide if one of the McCormick sights that replaces the rear sight with normal dovetail would be worth it? May just leave as is and shoot at hte range.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts