1911Forum banner

HELP! Ambi Safety Fell Off?

901 6
I have a 4 day tactical shoot coming up tomorrow.

A couple of days ago, I went out and bought a second Springfield TRP, as a backup gun to my S.S. Springfield TRP.

I returned from the range after putting 375 rds though the new TRP (BTW, it shot better than my old one) and I took off the grip panels. The right side ambi-safety FELL OFF (right hand shooter, behind the gun). No force. It just fell of off the gun.

Is this a safety issue? I've never had an ambi-safety do this before.

Is there a quick fix for this? Do you just push it in, pull it off that easy?

Help

Stinky Taters
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
702 Posts
It actually does pull off easy. That is why the right grip panel has the cut away to hold it in place. I had one come off of my Kimber Gold Match as I was trying to fit it into a Ransom Rest. Squeeze it a little and gently push it back in.

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Boys that seemed to do the trick.

I squeezed it a little and she fit back in there real snug.

You boys saved the day, I leave tomorrow at 5:00 AM, and I wanted to take this gun. I let y'all know how she preformed.

Stinky Taters

· Registered
2,484 Posts
I find that after a lot of lefty practice my STI ambi works itself a little bit loose. It annoys me so I usually pinch it closed a bit in a vise. The King's style (new Kimber version) looks interesting and I may give it a try eventually.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.