1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in need of advice on these two brands. Which one has a better fit. Also do they have a leather gaurd for the thumb safty on the 1911?

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you have a full size Government Model then check out the Desantis #89 HRT Special. It is a very thoughtout holster. Easy reholstering and a very confortable carry angle, plus all the cutouts on the thumb break actually match up to your pistol. I'v had mine for about a month and wear it every day at work (armed security) and I still think it is the best holster I have ever had for a 1911.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Been buying Galco for years, and have just started to get into Desantis. Quality appears to be reasonably close, and the Desantis is selling for much less. Retail on the Fletch nowadays is in the $70 area, and a comparable Desantis is in the mid $50's. Both can be had with the leather strap.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I carry an officers model in a DeSantis #1. It seems pretty comfortable, but this is my first CCW holster, so I don't have any other to judge it against. It is well made and their service was great, I orderd it on a Tue. morning and got it Friday.The thumbbreak strap covers the very end of the safety, so I don't think you could "bump it off" if thats what you were wondering

·
Registered
724 Posts
I have a fairly low opinion on the DeSantis based on (only) one of their holsters I own.
I ordered an OTB holster for a HP about 4 years ago, right off the bat it fit my 5” 1911 better than the HP – obviously they just sent me a 1911 holster. It is not suitable for concealed carry with either, because it allows the butt to stick out too far. Also the FBI cant is excessive for range work. I have a couple of Ky-Tac holsters (straight drop kydex) that work the best (IMHO) for action matches. These also have two tension adjustments that allow the user to set as needed. (Very nice if you have to go prone in a three gun match with the pistol holstered).

I have high regard for Milt Sparks and will soon be ordering my third there (as soon as my new Wilson shows up). I also have a K.L.Null SSS for a J Frame that is truly a work of art – they are pricey, but you get what you pay for. Alessi (from what I have read on these pages) also makes a top of the line holster, but I have no personal knowledge.

And that’s all I have to say about that!

------------------

1 - 5 of 5 Posts