1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First its a nice little rosewood . Then it progresses to ebony and micarta, full checkered, partial checkered, thin style etc. Will it ever stop!
Its almost like having a new pistol when you put on a fresh set of grips. Now if I can only find that Shotgun News with those ivories. You now your in trouble when Craig SpegaL's phone# is on your rolodex at work.
LARRY

·
Registered
102 Posts
Know what you mean - I'm getting ready to build a compact 1911, and what's the first necessary item I buy? Yep, custom grips. The grips even decided me on stainless (hmm, dark wood just won't look right on a blued 45, so...).
"Honey, I'm buying some grips that won't fit any of the guns I currently own, OK?"
Good thing she already knows I'm nuts, huh?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Larry,

I can help you. Send some of those grips to me ASAP and I'll hold them for you until the addiction passes. On the other hand, you could just "get a grip" on yourself!! Groan...

------------------
Regards,
AZFred

·
Registered
39 Posts
Check the "Gun list" under "STOCKS" for your Ivories. A guy named Dan Chesiak has them for all Colts, with or without medallions. I just ordered a set this week ( I just couldn't stand it any longer) for $185 for my GM. I know what you mean about buying grips. I swear, the last 1911 I bought was because I could just SEE it with a nice set of Ivories on it. I'll let you know what I think of them as soon as I get them( c'mon, Pony Express!!!)
Montana

·
Registered
114 Posts
Dan's ivory grips are first rate. I have a set for my Mustang (plus some Tulipwood and Bocate
)

-- Chuck

·
Registered
159 Posts
New RULE: You have to have a gun for every pair of grips you own.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
My next grips:

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Well thanks a lot, potthawg, you had to go and post that link to Boone Trading for me to look at. Now I want some of those bonded ivory grips for my Bisley, and maybe the Blackhawk, and the 1911 and the...

Hmm, wonder if I'll have any money left to feed the kids this month!

------------------
Regards,
AZFred

1 - 11 of 11 Posts