1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I was hoping some one could help me get some information on my Hi-Power.
I bought it used several years ago, it says "F.N. BROWNING" on the left side of the slide and further back on the slide it has what looks like an importer's stamp that says "ARMSCORP SILVER SPRING MD MADE IN ARGENTINA". Those are the only marks other than the serial number "305XXX" stamped on the barrel, frame and slide and what looks like a lower case "ch" stamped on the barrel above the serial number.
I looks like a basic military Hi-Power, spur hammer, small thumbnail front sight, little nub safety, and it looks like a black paint-like finish. It does have a pronounced crown in the slide at the muzzle.
It looks very plain and basic but it shoots beautifuly! very nice trigger and more accurate than I can do justice.
Any help or ideas on background, when it was made and for who would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would have thought that too, but it is unmistakably an "N". It appears to be some what older as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts