1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently acquired a Colt Lightweight Commander with rollmarks I have not seen before.

I was told it was an enhanced model and a limited edition? It came in the original box and was unfired. The box says Model 04840BAN Lightweight Commander, 45ACP, 4.25 Barrel, Stainless Steel / Teflon. The serial number is COP01XX. There are no marks on the right side of the slide.

Thanks
Gordi

·
Registered
23,211 Posts
I would also say not the original grips or mag, plus looks like it has some holster wear. One could call Colt, but my guess limited may mean at least 500 units of this type that year.

I am pushing my memory here, but I think these came with wrap around rubber grips. I am not 100% sure about the hammer, but it is probably correct. The grip safety looks right. Should also have a Nylon MSH I think.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
No, those are not the original grips or magazine (it has two 8 round Colt mags).

There is no holster wear, just the way the flash shows up in the photograph, although it will have some holster wear as I have put over 500 rounds of mixed ammo and mags through it with no issues at all, time to carry it......

I am definitely a Colt convert!:rock:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts