1911Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thx all. Thinking about sending in this coming year to upgrade that then. And grip safety then. Possibly do one piece magwell or round butt while there. Anyone add the new one piece magwell to their compact? How do you like it if so.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Thx all. Thinking about sending in this coming year to upgrade that then. And grip safety then. Possibly do one piece magwell or round butt while there. Anyone add the new one piece magwell to their compact? How do you like it if so.
It's crazy about the things that make you miss and reminisce... As soon as i read this all I could think of was, Army Chief will be here in a second to talk about how putting a magwell on a compact gun defeats the purpose of having a compact. LOL Man we're all going to miss him.

P.S - Sorry, i know that wasn't really relevant to your actual question. I don't have a magwell on my compact but actually do love magwells on compacts despite what AC said :)

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea....

It's crazy about the things that make you miss and reminisce... As soon as i read this all I could think of was, Army Chief will be here in a second to talk about how putting a magwell on a compact gun defeats the purpose of having a compact. LOL Man we're all going to miss him.

P.S - Sorry, i know that wasn't really relevant to your actual question. I don't have a magwell on my compact but actually do love magwells on compacts despite what AC said :)
yea i know it kinda defeats the purpose... i almost want to do it since that new piece looks so awsome....lol... would never probably need it....

ive carried full size 1911's IWB and had no problems cant imagine a magwell on the compact would be longer than those...

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
My practical answer would be. Why change perfectly good parts? Lifetime warranty right. If they ever break, which I doubt, I would think Wilson would cover that. And since that is all they are using now, you would then get BP parts.

Are we always practical here?

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
My practical answer would be. Why change perfectly good parts? Lifetime warranty right. If they ever break, which I doubt, I would think Wilson would cover that. And since that is all they are using now, you would then get BP parts.

Are we always practical here?
I definitely wouldn't send it in to change the safeties out to BP. I might not even do it if I sent it in for the BP magwell, because like Jim said, you'd get the upgrade for free if you ever needed it, but you'd pay for both parts if you swapped it now. That's $200 that you really don't need to spend...

Use it on ammo instead :D

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I definitely wouldn't send it in to change the safeties out to BP. I might not even do it if I sent it in for the BP magwell, because like Jim said, you'd get the upgrade for free if you ever needed it, but you'd pay for both parts if you swapped it now. That's $200 that you really don't need to spend...

Use it on ammo instead :D
I dont think they would ever break either. heck ive got some old "MIMbers" with 25k+ rounds threw them and all is well. On that note if they did break wilson still sells cast parts..they are on their web page. they just build new with BP i bet you would get a cast part replaced with a cast part...

Its kinda like buying a car and learning after you bought it there is a turbo version. Even though you may not need the turbo its way cool to have the TURBO badge on the car so they know you have the "NUTS" ( poker term):rofl:

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Its kinda like buying a car and learning after you bought it there is a turbo version. Even though you may not need the turbo its way cool to have the TURBO badge on the car so they know you have the "NUTS" ( poker term):rofl:
Off topic, but it is funny you mentioned this exact comparison. Recently bought an A4 2.0 (4 cylinder) Turbo, and i actually miss my older 3.2l V6 :rofl:

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Off topic, but it is funny you mentioned this exact comparison. Recently bought an A4 2.0 (4 cylinder) Turbo, and i actually miss my older 3.2l V6 :rofl:
so what your saying is you would feel better if i traded you my cast parts for your BP!!! lol:rock:

·
Registered
425 Posts
OK. I've got to ask. What does "BP" stand for?

Dave
Bullet Proof, which is Wilson's name for parts that are milled from bar steel vs cast parts.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts