1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of my fathers fathers revolver. I just gave it to me. I think its a 32 but have NO idea the manufacture. Thanks

- chickenman

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
No clue. The stocks are beat, but man, that's a cool-looking old gun! Loaded with personality. Kinda looks European to me, maybe even South American. Definitely a keeper, I hope you find out some info and share it with us.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Looks like an English Webly or Adams pattern revolver. Lots of copies were made in Belgium, and odds are that's what it is.

I made a quick look at a proof mark list. A crown over R proof is a Belgium proof, but that list was not exclusive.

This one's labeled as a Webley.

·
Registered
21,982 Posts
Right, (Crown) R is a Belgian proof mark for a gun with rifled barrel.
(Star) BA is the inspector's personal stamp.

Caliber is probably .320 Revolver, very close to .32 Short Colt.

If you were proud of your work, woudn't you put your name or a recognizeable brand name on it? I thought so.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is why I like this forum!

more info please....more!

- chickenman

·
Registered
517 Posts
There's not much else to say. The only value of the piece is sentimental.

One factoid. That pattern of revolver is commonly called a "Bull Dog" - classically in .450 and .455. The 1889 catalog reprinted in the 1966 Gun Digest also applies the term to a .32.

·
Registered
49 Posts
What is it??

I think its a belgium proofed, french built LeFecheux 11mm pinfire. One thing is certain...pachmeyer dont make grips for it!!!!!..Cool gun..like all old guns. Enjoy and let me know if i was right..just off the top of my head, no books were consulted because im at work

1 - 7 of 7 Posts