1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have the Kimber on hand.. now I want to add another 1911 type and have decided to get a Para Ord. I found the 4 inch commander size fits me right.

I have narrowed it down to either the new CT1245N or one of the three choices in the C745. They have the C745S, CCW745S and the CC745SN.

I know you guys have opinions <g>.. I sure would like to hear them..
thanks this would be a carry gun.. and a range shooting gun...

·
Registered
351 Posts
The 1245 is an officers size. I had the Para Companion (7.45). Nice gun, officers size, conceals well with the thin grips. The 12.45 and the 7.45's you are after are all bobbed out which is nice.

The thing I had trouble with was concealing the double stack on my waist. I am a big guy, but with the extra gut, my 12.45 stuck out too much. Something you have to take into consideration.

Another thing is fit. Some think the double stack is too wide. I don't, but some do. I don't think the full capacity is an issue for most CCW situations, but some like the 12+1 vs. the 7+1. I think the 1st shot is the most important an if you're over half a dozen shots you are in a big mess anyway.

That said, I carried my 12.45 this past summer, but switched to the Para Carry (6.45). I will still sometimes carry the 12.45. Hey, if you can afford it - get both!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts