1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am debating on a CQB with lightrail all black with thier ambi safety and extended mag well add ons. IF I get the full size than I probably will not be able to afford the Compact. IF I get the Springfield Armory TRP Operator (PC9105L) with ambi safety, extended mag well and adjustable nite sites than I can possibly afford the compact. Either the SA or the CQB with the rail will be a range gun/House gun/car gun) the Compact CQB will be the CCW gun.

Question is this should I go for the Springfield and carry the compact CQB or get teh CQB with rail and carry a kimber or Springfield... I am a fan of Wilson Combat and I love thier products. I wouold like to know since I have little expirience with this particular model of Springfield compared to the wilsons will I be tragically disappointed??? Is the quality anywhere near what the guys in Berryville put out?

·
Registered
225 Posts
I understand your logic perfectly. Personally I've been a big fan of the Operator model (the TRP operator) for a while. I've bought three of them belive it or not. Each time I got one I loved the way it felt, and I loved the way it shot, but it didn't "speak to me" like a Wilson's does.

I traded every single one of them for a Wilson's and I'm not looking back. I wanted an Operator with the Wilson's "feel" so bad that I took my last one to a very reputable gun smith and had him do almost $500 worth of work to give it that special touch. It still didn't suite me like a CQB.
It's all about what you like but from my personal experience I'd rather wait a while and get two Wilsons!:D

·
Registered
459 Posts
MPA249

Which is more important the carry gun or the full size? Now that you've answered that just make sure it's a Wilson. Save your money until you feel comfortable buying the second Wilson. IMO buy all that you can afford and don't cut corners.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I bought the CQB Compact for carry and "skimped" on my full size custom Colt. I haven't brought myself to spend the big money for a 5 incher that may or may not regularly go to the range.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts