1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Her CCW weapon is an SA Micro Compact 'Operator'.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Micro holster

Congrats to your wife on a fine weapon. I carry a Kimber Custom Shop Ultra CDP II in a UBG holster. I Wear it for hours each day.. super rig. jh

·
Premium Member
20,399 Posts
Start talking to the manufacturers...I remember some of them offering a special setup for the different shape of a woman's hip.

·
Registered
673 Posts
That is a hard one

Most women have too many factors to be addressed. That is why most buy those specialty purse holsters(which most people hate off body carry, but that is not a problem. You should always be looking for a threat).
The usual problems are body shape (a problem some of us men have), and the most important is fashion.
So start by telling us about her occupation, and or daily routines.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Currently, she is a local Sheriff's personal office administrator. She is 507/110 and slim built. Most of her day is spent in the office, at a desk, save occasionally leaving for lunch.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Most non-LEO women simply will not carry a gun in a traditional belt-hip level holster. Rarely will they use shoulder rigs. Purse holsters are the norm.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I guess first we would need to know where on her would she like to carry the weapon. My wife uses several options (holsters). From IWB to belly band to purse, even ankle carry occassionally. Most women look for the most comfortable location, but they should understand the most comfortable location may not be the quickest access. Mostly depends on her. Holsters my wife likes are:

1. Uncle Mikes IWB- she likes it because it's soft, but also because she can carry strong side and it's concealed well. For her G26

2. Purse/backpack- "not much to say about that."

3. Belly band (Galco brand)- mostly for those deep concealment times. She says it "rubs" her sometimes.

4. High noon Holster IWB- I just purchased this for her new Kiimber Ultra. We're still breaking in the pistol so she hasn't really used the holster. She seems to like it because it's a soft leather.

5. Cobra skin OWB- she picked this up as a slightly used holster at a gun show. She's tried it and likes it, but she doesn't use a belt much, so the holster is not used much.

That's really it. If you know someone with several holsters or a place where she can try them, it may save you some money.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Having recently gone through this with my wife I may be of assistance. Up untill recently my wife has been carrying an ultra CDP in an IWB crossdraw at around 10-11 o'clock this seems to an ideal set-up for many women of 'smaller' stature my wife is 4' 9" 100 lbs (not counting the baby due next week lord help me) the holster is from mitch rossen (sp?) its a 'titos revenge' he has a complete line of holsters for women. Now that she is about to have the baby she really can't do more than pocket carry in a jacket pocket, maternity clothes don't have belt loops and a 1911 is a bit much for elastic sweat pants. Anywhere from 10 o'clock to 2 o'clock is pretty easy for most woment that I've talked to as that any loose shirt will drape off the front. There are other good quality holster makers out there that can modify a holster to fit people with better curves I just like the way mitch builds his stuff. I have several hand made and commercial holsters and I will put his work up there with any of them.
JMHO FWIW

1 - 10 of 10 Posts