1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me who makes .45 brass stamped G.F.L.? Also, is *I* brass used by any ammo manufacturer, or is it only sold as a reloading component? I am trying to sort my range pick-ups into useable, or not?

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
21,981 Posts
GFL is Fiocchi.

*I* is Independence brand. Originally made by CBC/Magtech in Brazil for Alliant, now made in USA probably at either the Federal or CCI plant.

I leave them both in my bulk mixed .45 ACP supply for IDPA.

·
Registered
15,319 Posts
I have been unable to wear out my GFL brass in both 9x21 and 41 AE.
Excellent quality.

·
Registered
496 Posts
This thread answered a question that I was going to have to post. Thanks!! I now have that website bookmarked. Thanks Grunt!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've had no problem with Independent Brass. GFL Brass has given me nothing but problems trying to insert primers. I find it possible to get them in, but not without a fight!! I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned that. Am I the only one??

·
Super Moderator
14,938 Posts
GFL Brass has given me nothing but problems trying to insert primers. I find it possible to get them in, but not without a fight!! I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned that. Am I the only one??
Don't know if you're the only one, but I've never had any trouble priming GFL brass. Usually it's the military brass (FC, IMI, WCC) with the crimped primers that make re-priming difficult, unless you remove the primer crimp ring.

Don't know if GFL make military brass or not.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
GFL primer pockets are tight. I have had no problems priming with my 650. I just need a little more force to seat them. They loosen up after one or two loadings.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts