1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, Lurker here with a question. If this isn't the right place to ask this feel free to move it.

I need help with trying to identify this slide i have. I got it from a gunsmith friend of mine back in the 90s sometime. I have since lost contact with him as he moved to a free state.

When he gave it to me all i remember is he called it a "government issue slide" The only marking i see is a "M" near the rear sight (maybe a "W"?) I can find no other markings. Any help would be appreciated! I will get some more detailed pics up later today of the slide only, but here is what i have for now. If you need to see anything specific let me know. TIA

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Hello,
The GI hard slides would have 7790314 or -35 on one side and the cage code on the other.

The Left side of this slide is ground down, notice the rear serrations are no longer pointy but blunted so several thousants was removed from it.

A picture of the bolt face and we can tell if the side is a cast deal?
perhaps numbers on the disconector track. look in from the back where the firing pin stop sits and see if there are any markings there?

geo

www.egwguns.com

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks George. Here are some more pics, i hope they help. I think i found one more marking. In the pic it looks like a "5" or "S". When i use a magnifying glass to look it, well its no help, no doubt its my old eyes haha Sorry went a little pic happy.

Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello,
The GI hard slides would have 7790314 or -35 on one side and the cage code on the other.

The Left side of this slide is ground down, notice the rear serrations are no longer pointy but blunted so several thousants was removed from it.

geo

www.egwguns.com
With the sides taken down the numbers would have gone with it, right?

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Yes but

One side is ground the other not. A hard slide is marked on both sides.

Looks like a decent slide without hardness testing etc.
it does not appear to be a cast slide normally a relief next to the bolt face.

geo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts