1911Forum banner

Help me Pick a 1911 but not Kimber

2520 Views 34 Replies 28 Participants Last post by  shortmag
I need help replacing my Kimber. I want Glock Reliability and great accuracy. My price range is up to $1,000. Please let me know what fits this category.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Premium Member
9,635 Posts
SW1911 comes to mind

But it sounds like you'd be happier with a Glock. My Springfield has been 100% reliable, but I had it worked over by the custom shop. My Smith & Wesson has also been 100%, and it fits into your price point with a few bills left to buy lots of practice ammunition.

Robert

· Registered
7,462 Posts
Colt, Colt, Colt
I'll 3rd Colt. Tracy

· Premium Member
2,649 Posts
Bushmasterguy said:
I need help replacing my Piece of Sh!t Kimber. I want Glock Reliability and great accuracy. My price range is up to $1,000. Please let me know what fits this category.
Better still, why not invest $25 in sending the Kimber back to the factory and let them have a shot at correcting whatever problem you are having.

"Glock reliability" in a 1911 will require a commitment by the user to properly clean and lube the pistol and to use good ammo and magazines.

As to "accuracy", are you saying that you can "hold" tighter than your Kimber will group? This is not common.

Rosco

· Registered
7,595 Posts
Bushmasterguy. If you are here just to start arguements, you will not be here long. I suggest you review the rules of the Forum, that you agreed to when you joined.

· Registered
948 Posts
Bushmasterguy said:
I need help replacing my Kimber. I want Glock Reliability and great accuracy. My price range is up to $1,000. Please let me know what fits this category.
Why not a Kimber?

If the answer to the above question is "firing pin safety" or "external extractor", I would say "take a look at the Kimber Warrior".

Otherwise, Springfield is an OK way to go. I've had legitimate problems with three out of three of my Springfield 1911s - that is to say that each problem has been positively diagnosed, all but one problem has been fixed (one is in the process of getting fixed now), and it had nothing to do with my shooting. On the other hand, other people have had no problems with their Springfields. If you really want a Springfield, you might keep in mind that you might have to send it back to the factory or do work on the pistol yourself before you have a great pistol - AFTER it gets fixed though, they ARE great pistols.

· Banned
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
JIM V, I am not here to start an argument, if you would have taken the time to review my OBJECTIVE post I have had quantitive issues with my Kimber. Are you saying users of the forum can't post truthful and real life experience posts on this forum? I am posting my issues with the Kimber and my actions I am going to take. What is wrong with that?

· Registered
830 Posts
Bushmasterguy said:
JIM V, I am not here to start an argument, if you would have taken the time to review my OBJECTIVE post I have had quantitive issues with my Kimber. Are you saying users of the forum can't post truthful and real life experience posts on this forum? I am posting my issues with the Kimber and my actions I am going to take. What is wrong with that?

It was the tone that you were using. Making a post about the Piece of crap Kimber will make us look a lot closer to make sure that a person doesn't go overboard. That's why it was mentioned and the title of the post changed.

· Banned
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No disrespect Tom. I am really having a bad time with my Kimber. I have sent it back twice and I am still having problems with it. Multiple FTE and FTF's.

That is not the way it should be for a gun you pay $1,000 for.

Truly I am looking for user feedback on a more reliable brand than Kimber.

· Registered
830 Posts
Bushmasterguy said:
No disrespect Tom. I am really having a bad time with my Kimber. I have sent it back twice and I am still having problems with it. Multiple FTE and FTF's.

That is not the way it should be for a gun you pay $1,000 for.

Truly I am looking for user feedback on a more reliable brand than Kimber.
I totally understand your position and I'd be really POed also. We just don't want your post to degenerate into something that we'd need to lock. Personally I'm really interested in whether Kimber makes it right or not.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.