1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have fallen in love with my Colt New Agent for CCW carry, I'm thinking about getting a full size 1911 for target shooting and keeping next to the bed for home defense. I'd like to get it in stainless.

I'm thinking about either a Colt Gold Cup or possibly a S&W 1911, though I'm happy with my current Colt and probably should stick with the same. Budget is $1000 and under.

Dang, I got bit by the 1911 acquisition syndrome.......

Suggestions on models I should look at?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Get one of the new series 70 guns, it'll be a great shooter as is and a great platform for a custom gun if you ever decide to get some custom work done.

·
Premium Member
20,401 Posts
Here's what I did with a new stainless Series 70.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very cool grips, what are they?

·
Registered
923 Posts
PakWaan said:
Now that I have fallen in love with my Colt New Agent for CCW carry, I'm thinking about getting a full size 1911 for target shooting and keeping next to the bed for home defense. I'd like to get it in stainless.

I'm thinking about either a Colt Gold Cup or possibly a S&W 1911, though I'm happy with my current Colt and probably should stick with the same. Budget is $1000 and under.

Dang, I got bit by the 1911 acquisition syndrome.......

Suggestions on models I should look at?[/QUOTE

XSE!!

·
Administrator
73,795 Posts
Colt's Series 70 is my favorite in a stainless 1911. Here is one that's stock, and one that was customized.

·
Premium Member
20,401 Posts
Dana...Always nice to see a set like that. One a virgin and the other tweaked to your specifications! I wish I would have bought two of each model I have for the same reason.
Tracy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts