1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having problems with my bolt handles snapping off, I have cleaned this gun so well it looks like it just came out of the box, so as far dirty being a problem I eliminated that, I did have a bolt handle break off last week by my son and thought he did it on accident, we ordered one and like always they shipped it right away( excellent service dept) .

I put it in this morning and we set up in the blind, loaded 3" #2 factory shells and waited for the birds, birds came in I yelled takem and my first shot the bolt handle snapped off at the round part that goes into the gun and the flat part of the bolt handle.

I made sure the bolt handle was put in proper and tight that morning before we went hunting, I moved it back and forth ( open and closed bolt) several times to make sure before I went out to the blind and it worked just fine. I have one more left but am afraid to put it in B/C of this one snapping off and asking them to send me one more and they think I am asking to much for one gun.

Can some one help me out on this, tell me, am I doing something wrong, it so easy to put into the bolt it does not take a genius to do ( or does it) I am at a loss on this.

HELP I need this gun this weekend to hunt with, I sold all the other shot guns I had and use this gun only to hunt with.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Never mind, my buddy came over that is going to school for gunsmith, he found the problem, it is a broken part on the locking block and it is making bolt slide back and forward to much causing it to sheer the bolt handle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts