1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to change my 1911. I have a mil-spec and want to get a tactical hammer & new beavertail. How much should I expect to pay for the parts & labor to get this done? How long does the process usually take? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
14,938 Posts
You can go to the Brownell's website to find the cost of the parts.

www.brownells.com

I would not care to guess what various pistolsmiths might charge for the installation and fitting. Nor would I guess what their turn-around time might be. Best to call a few and get it straight from them.

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,285 Posts
Replacing the hammer may also require a trigger job, depending oh how the new part fits your existing parts. You also probably have to refit, or replace the thumb safety. For all that, you could probably just trade-in your Mil-Spec for a gun that has what you want from the get-go.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just finished installing a comander hammer, flat msh, and a beavertail g/s on my s/s mil spec. It took me about 6 hours to fit everything, now I have to get the whole thing blasted to finish up the job.This was my first 1911 so I wanted to build one up to learn about them. I am very happy with the job I have done. If you are good with files you can do it. I used a S&A .220 radius grip safety and baught the .220 instalation jig from brownells. All together for the msh, hammer, and g/s it cost me about $150 or so.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Joy! Thanks guys.....a trade-in might make more sense :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts