1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
I can't compare to any of my pistols because I'm still at work, but I'm comparing this to the photos on Karl Karash's photo cd. (If you don't have it... you should!) Serial 9240XX has a similar wheel. Serial 9311XX appears to not have a wheel. Serial 9330XX appears to have a similar wheel. And serial 9332XX has a similar wheel. I'd say you are fine with yours.

(Sear pin is still backwards. (LOL))

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
The finish on the pistol is near surely original. Surely nobody would add one to an original finish. The ordnance stamp is very weak on most Colts. Looks like a nice pistol. The sear pin is noticeable.

·
Administrator
72,979 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with that pistol... aside from the reversed sear pin. Also somebody at one time used a hammer and/or punch to remove the slide stop, so double-check that it isn't bent or deformed and that the slide/receiver wasn't damaged beyond what we see either.

·
Registered
11 Posts
FWIW I have never seen a full on total cross cannon stamp. It seems that they are always half stamped. Your is one of the stronger one's I've seen....

·
Administrator
72,979 Posts
I've seen a few, but not many. There were actually two sizes used, the large one seen here and a smaller one. The smaller one is more often seen stamped perfectly with all details visible. The larger one would've been much more difficult to stamp perfectly square with the receiver and show all the detail.

·
Premium Member
15,336 Posts
The damage around the end of the slide stop pin is fairly often seen and indicates the person doing the work forgot to remove the empty magazine before trying to take the gun apart and lost his temper.

·
Administrator
72,979 Posts
Unfortunately mine is that way as well. Somebody who apparently didn't know how to remove the slide stop simply locked the slide back and started pounding on it with a hammer. He buggered both the slide and receiver somewhat, but fortunately he stopped and finally figured it out before the damage got too bad.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
You guys just fricking amaze me. What a valuable treasure we have here. Thanks for being so generous with your time and expertise.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
More pictures

I included some more pics to get some opinions of pistol

Attachments

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
I was concerned because I had never seen one that well stamped. Does the finish look original?
I have well stamped, poorly, lightly, double, you name it. I have never seen a pistol that was faked by adding a cross cannon stamp.

Your finish looks original, which I was already pretty sure of. Pretty nice too.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for every ones help. I am going today to see it in person and probably buy it. Any other opinions are welcomed.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts