1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently picked up a new Hi Power practical model.

I want to find out which regular capacity magazines to order from CDNN to replace the reduced capacity mags it comes with. Thay have a number to choose from

Also I am looking to replace those awful rubber wrap around grips.

Does anyone make a set of canvas Micrata grips? That would look nice I think.

Jim

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Geez can't find any Hi cap Mecgar mags.

OK does anybody know of a on-line source for QUALITY Hi-CAP Hi Power mags?

Jim

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
At one time, Novaks was selling new Mec-Gar 13-rnd magazines. Don't know if they still are, but you might check with them and see. (www.novaksights.com)

CDNN Investments (www.cdnninvestments.com) frequently has surplus Inglis magazines. These won't be new, but they work fine in my experience. They also sell KRD 17-rnd magazines that most folks have had good luck with.

I believe that SOG is selling surplus Hi Power magazines. I'm not sure of the make on all of them, but a friend bought a couple and they appeared to be Mec-Gar magazines. They worked perfectly.

http://www.southernohiogun.com/mags.html

You might also check the "For Sale" areas on this site and at www.fnhipower.com as folks frequently offer 13-rnd Mec-Gar's for sale there.

·
Registered
480 Posts
If one does find some MecGar mags, even used ones, what's the average price?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Stephen,

Going to order 5 of thr SOGs and 5 of the KRDs. I will report back as to the fit anf function of the mags.

Jim

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
OH WEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

About a month ago, I ordered two of them at $45 each, it does look like they are gone. DARN!!!!! sorry about that

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
They are good mags and you shouldnt have any problem with them. When you shoot those 17's you will keep wondering when you will run out of bullets....:D

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
lkblair said:
wondering when you will run out of bullets....:D
I bet!

I already find that with my 15rd CZ75B magazine.

I was thinking I'd probably only load them at 10rd or 13rd anyway.

Just looking for something inexpensive and functional. Factory 10rd magazines are $30!

Mike

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Michael_Aos said:
Factory 10rd magazines are $30!

Mike

so much for our stoopid crime bill. "Prices on preban mags will rise", leaving people to only afford 10 rounders. NO WAY, lets import a ton of these suckers to keep us shooting longer.

·
Banned
1,609 Posts
I received a couple of the stainless 13 rd mags from Numrich today. There are no markings on the mags nor is there a visible weld seam on the back. They appear to be well made. Function was flawless. Maybe they are Mec-Gars.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts