1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from the qualifying range. My 12-45 Para LDA failed to fire about 16 times out of a 50 round qualification. It appears that the firing pin repeatedly failed to strike the primer. Any ideas what would correct the problem?

------------------
Chief

·
Registered
141 Posts
Adjustable trigger ?? If so back the screw out, if it`s in too far the trigger will not lift the firing pin safety..Bench test by putting a pencil down the barrel, eraser end first, pull trigger while holding the gun up, should shoot your pencil at least 3 feet high..........

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sir, my suggestion would be to return that POS to the store you bought it from and buy a real 1911. Really. Why would you as Chief of Police, the man in charge, settle for anything less. As Col. Cooper says about the LDA, it is a solution in search of a problem.
Sincerely yours,
Daniel

------------------
1 peter 5:8

·
Registered
332 Posts
OUCH! (i agree with the "return the pos" idea) good luck.

------------------
Nothing like to smell of Breakfree to make my day complete.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Danomite 45,

Thanks for your input. The LDA was one of several that I have been reviewing for use by the department. Cocked and locked scares local government officials. I now alternate between a Les Baer Premier II or SS Stinger.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Personaly I would rather have the best gun that money can buy, as apposed to the best gun the paperpushers will let me carry. I hope I am preaching to the coir.
Good luck sir.
Daniel

------------------
1 peter 5:8

1 - 6 of 6 Posts