1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the pics suck, but it's all I have on here for now - what can you guys tell me about them (other than the wear!) I'm mainly looking to see if the safety, hammer, trigger, etc all look like the correct parts? The old one is 1919 and the arsenal rebuild is a 1944. The 44 has the right mag. The 19 has a safety, slide stop that are blue and not original as the finish is way off, but I think they are the correct parts - right? I need a correct mag for the 19 one if anyone knows where I can get it - old and worn is fine to match, I just need the correct one.

Man if these could talk-

Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Mag for the 1919 Colt,

I believe you need a two tone,un-marked no loop mag for the 1919 heart frame Colt,what mag do you have with it now? My eyes aren't that great any more(so I may be wrong),but the slide stop and safety appear to me to be right type,they just have finish problems,the grip safety finish doesn't match either,and the hammer looks wrong,but it's still a good old war horse pistol.

Is the 1911A1 an A.A.`rebuild?

Stumpy

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The mag in it now is a regular 20-30 year old Colt mag - nothing fancy. It's what I had - the gun had no mag when I got it. Where could I find the mag you mentioned?? about how much am I going to pay?

Also - why is it called a heart frame? I'm still learning about these.....

The 44 is an AA sold from the Red River Depot in Arkansas for $12.50. I have the box it was in, with all shipping papers, brown wrap and postage stamp - correct reparked two tone mag for it also I guess.

·
Premium Member
17,109 Posts
Looks to me like practically every small part on the 1911 has been replaced. The job now is to find out if they are correct parts. If so, the finish can easily be 'aged back' to match the gun. You could be in trouble if the barrel is not right, because those barrels have gone sky-high.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.