1911Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Awesome forum and learning so much here so thanks guys. I’ve seen this circular marking to the right side of the trigger in several gun pics and I’m just wondering what it is now that I own a gun with the same marking. Attached is pic of my own. Thanks for the education.
Guitar accessory Finger Helmet Font Tints and shades

·
Super Moderator
15,608 Posts
To the right of the hammer, not the trigger. And yes, like BILLG said, that is the rear of a well-blended extractor.

Reactions: AZdesert1911

·
Premium Member
2,092 Posts
Doesn't know a hammer from a trigger or extractor, but goes straight to a Wilson Combat 2011!

KUDOS......and welcome to the forum!

• Haha
Reactions: DubfromGa

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol. I’m a newbie for sure. I must say posting a question at the end of a long day at work can lead to mistakes in referring to a wrong part, so I’m not that green. But buying a WC 2011 doesn’t feel like a mistake at all. Thanks for the welcome. And again thanks to all the great info everyone shares here at this great forum.

·
Premium Member
16,292 Posts
There's a lot that had to happen to get the end of the extractor flush with the back end of the slide and to get it to not 'clock' during use, which would make the lines look crooked. The business end of the extractor has to be in a certain location beside the breech face, and the slot in the extractor for the firing pin stop has to match the raceway in the slide for that stop. The stop has to be thick enough to fit the slide and extractor slot snugly but still be able to be removed without prying to service the firing pin/spring - but the stop also has to be tight enough to not fall out if the firing pin sticks forward. Now all this has to happen with no longitudinal play of the extractor - and guess what - right where all this fitting and precision is happening, the hammer is going to slam into that firing pin stop 20,000 times over the years.
Everywhere you look on a 1911 this is what you find - which is why the good ones are expensive.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Sweet pistola.

I'll be surprised if you don't really like it.

Hopefully you've had time to run it...and run it often.

Welcome to the forum. (y)

·
Premium Member
2,092 Posts
Lol. I’m a newbie for sure. I must say posting a question at the end of a long day at work can lead to mistakes in referring to a wrong part, so I’m not that green. But buying a WC 2011 doesn’t feel like a mistake at all. Thanks for the welcome. And again thanks to all the great info everyone shares here at this great forum.
I hear ya. And im happy you took my post in the jest it was meant.

A Wilson Combat is a quality 1911/2011. Never a mistake, especially for a Newbie.

·
Super Moderator
15,608 Posts
Be sure to let us know how it handles and shoots for you. Hard to go wrong with the first being a Wilson! :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Be sure to let us know how it handles and shoots for you. Hard to go wrong with the first being a Wilson! :)
As you can imagine, it shoots like a 25 yr single malt going down, smooth as silk. Being a compact, I was surprised at how soft the recoil is for such a light handgun. An insert with the boxing from Wilson recommended using 124gr FMJ RN during the break in period of 200 rds. I’ve continued using that grain as I have yet to replace the 11# spring for hot loads. As for accuracy, user error is a factor right now. I have a collection of 92s (heresy here to mention?) that I am far more accurate with. So I feel confident that with more shooting and honest self assessment I’ll be just as accurate with this sweet 2011. Once I feel I’m proficient with the WC it will be my edc. The reason I bought it.

·
Super Moderator
15,608 Posts
Which particular model did you get? The compacts are definitely a smooth shooting bunch, even for my wide hands. The first compact Wilson that I shot was one of Bill's XTAC compacts in .45 at one of the Hackathorn classes at Bill's ranch in 2013; it handled far smoother than other makes I had shot, and I shot very well with it. The only thing that I found with the compacts is that my pinky finger gets blood blistered during a slide lock reload, so I stick with full size frames like the Pro, Commander, and FS. Having said that, I do have an EDC X9 that doesn't do that to me, presumably due to the increased girth of the double-stack grip frame.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Which particular model did you get? The compacts are definitely a smooth shooting bunch, even for my wide hands. The first compact Wilson that I shot was one of Bill's XTAC compacts in .45 at one of the Hackathorn classes at Bill's ranch in 2013; it handled far smoother than other makes I had shot, and I shot very well with it. The only thing that I found with the compacts is that my pinky finger gets blood blistered during a slide lock reload, so I stick with full size frames like the Pro, Commander, and FS. Having said that, I do have an EDC X9 that doesn't do that to me, presumably due to the increased girth of the double-stack grip frame.
I have the Experior compact:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts