1911Forum banner

Here are the pics as promised!

2122 9
Hey guys,
I've had this pistol for 7 days now so I figured it's about time to post the pics of my new PX9608 like I promised I would more than a week ago! Here it is, just as I received it out of the box, and before I scrubbed on it for a couple hours!

I'm already shopping for a GI guide rod and plug, and some Wilson Combat 7-round mags! Enjoy guys!

~Tunnerbird
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
3,453 Posts
Good looking brother!

· Banned
917 Posts
Nice gun. I had one just like it, same model, as my first 1911. My only complaint with the 9608 was the finish. I don't think they spent much time polishing the metal so the bluing was dull and uneven, and it looks like yours is pretty much the same. It'd look great hard chromed, or maybe in Birdsong's Black T finish. Either that, or with a first class high polish blue job.

· Registered
17 Posts
Fellow PX9608 user

Tunnerbird,
I received the same pistol as a retirement gift from the gunners that I raised during my 24 years in the Navy. If you haven't had the opportunity to take it to the range yet, STAND BY! It is going to go through ammo like "poop through a goose", no failure to feeds and it spits casings out a good 7 - 8 feet. This is my 2nd Springfield, and I couldn't be happier with it. The Novak sights work great and don't snag on anything, the 2 mags that I got with it both say .45 SA NM and are fantastic.
Enjoy your new buddy or gal, take it for a "run". Congrats! :rock:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.