1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I never thought I'd see the day when DW made a "Billboard" pistol. But, I've been wrong before. :dope:

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
As far as I can tell these pistols were not made by DW - but by czcustom.com - who are not affiliated with DW. This is more than likely an aftermarket customization - at the very least - the billboard.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
No thanks, I'll stick with my PM-40 with work done on it by Bunker Arms, a Forum member. Runs great and is more accurate than I'll ever be.
I like that bead blast finish. I've been thinking about getting my PM9 bead blasted - looks great and doesn't show scratches/holster wear as easily.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
As far as I can tell these pistols were not made by DW - but by czcustom.com - who are not affiliated with DW. This is more than likely an aftermarket customization - at the very least - the billboard.
Wouldn't be too sure on it. It looks like DW is doing a custom run for CZ Customs with some tuning done by CZC. If you look at the gun, it looks very much like a PM9.

CZC may not be affiliated with CZ, but if you call the CZ-USA sales department and ask about customization on a CZ handgun, they will recommend to contact CZC.

There is an extremely close and collaborative relationship between CZ-USA and CZC.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Horrid looking thing! Glad they only did that to 4 of them.

I hope to hell this is not indicative of where DW is headed with future models.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
The PM-40 was finished like a PM-9 when I got it and decided to have it satin bead blasted when other work was done so it would look like my SS Valor that has had work done on it by Bunker Arms. If I bought a PM-9, I would have it refinished as well.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
The PM-40 was finished like a PM-9 when I got it and decided to have it satin bead blasted when other work was done so it would look like my SS Valor that has had work done on it by Bunker Arms. If I bought a PM-9, I would have it refinished as well.
Looks slick as hell. Definitely going to consider getting it bead blasted down the road. My local gunsmith charges $135 for bead blasting the entire gun plus $40 if you have him disassemble the gun. Seems reasonable.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Wouldn't be too sure on it. It looks like DW is doing a custom run for CZ Customs with some tuning done by CZC. If you look at the gun, it looks very much like a PM9.

CZC may not be affiliated with CZ, but if you call the CZ-USA sales department and ask about customization on a CZ handgun, they will recommend to contact CZC.

There is an extremely close and collaborative relationship between CZ-USA and CZC.
I'm not too sure - if you read my copy.

Are you fairly sure that CZ/DW was involved in this?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm not too sure - if you read my copy.

Are you fairly sure that CZ/DW was involved in this?
Wouldn't bet the house on it, but I would feel pretty confident the gun is built by DW and as noted by Stuart, "Trigger job by CZ Custom, tuned extractor and ejector, blended beavertail and magwell, ext mag release."

CZC and CZ-USA have a darn tight relationship.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Thanks, I think it turned out well too and is definitely easy to keep looking good. I don't recall what Bunker Arms charged to do mine, he was doing a bevel on the slide, installing Harrison slide stop and thumb safety, Harrison Ignition Set and Trigger and an EGW magwell all at the same time, so he really needed to refinish everything at once and I like the way his bead blasting is done.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Wouldn't bet the house on it, but I would feel pretty confident the gun is built by DW and as noted by Stuart, "Trigger job by CZ Custom, tuned extractor and ejector, blended beavertail and magwell, ext mag release."

CZC and CZ-USA have a darn tight relationship.
We have no argument that the gun was built by DW.

And it's why I noted - if you read my copy - that "this likely an aftermarket" creation.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts