1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I here all the DW Owners talking about using there 1911's to Punch Paper.
Has anyone ever used their DW's to protect themselves or their property?

Clyde

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Clyde,

Honestly, I would think that if anyone has had to draw or draw and fire under the circumstances you allude to, they would be best served keeping a low profile and not broadcasting details. This regardless of the status of any associated constabulary investigations or litigation. Just prudence :)

And to parse things a bit, anyone who CCWs could be said to be protecting themselves :)

·
Premium Member
8,055 Posts
To answer your question, good buddy. "NO", THANK GOD.

·
Premium Member
5,401 Posts
Clyde, I will be more than happy to answer your question!!! Yes I have but it was not with my DW!!! When it comes to my family, don't try anything foolish!!

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bald1, didn't want to know the circumstances or any orher info. Just a simple question.....

BTW Family always comes first..............

Clyde

·
Registered
390 Posts
Just a response from an old LEO.

I pray to God you never have to. You can't believe how heavy that 2 lb. 4 oz. gun feels in your hand when you have to level it down on a BG.

Been there, done that. Several times! Thank the good Lord for some damn good training.

Take care & be careful. BUT - if the SHTF - let-er-riip!

·
Banned
4,761 Posts
I've worked in da hood for 10 yrs.... I've never shot anyone!:rock::rock:

·
Premium Member
5,401 Posts
Let me add to my post above!!! I did have to draw my weapon but did not have to fire it thank God!!! Just the sight of him looking down the barrel of my Colt Delta Elite was enough to make him literally fall to his knees. He did not move until the proper authorities arrived!!! A knife is no match for a 10MM I am sure was his conclusion!!!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Nope. Don't get to carry the Valor on duty :bawling: and never needed it for off duty personal defense (out and about in the city), and that's what the 870 is for at the house :rock: Don't play around when the family is on the line, take 'em down right with 00 Buck or some slug :rock:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Nope. Don't get to carry the Valor on duty :bawling: and never needed it for off duty personal defense (out and about in the city), and that's what the 870 is for at the house :rock: Don't play around when the family is on the line, take 'em down right with 00 Buck or some slug :rock:
Or a $1.10..... Keep the change!:eek:

-Chris

·
Registered
366 Posts
$1.10? Ahhh I dont' get it Chris :scratch::hrm::biglaugh::biglaugh:

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Well, not a DW but I did use my Colt in Vietnam. Without that, you wouldn't be reading this.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Darn skippy NK! That's the ticket if someone comes in this house in an unwelcome manner :rock:

·
Banned
1,327 Posts
OOOOHH! 15 round value pack!!

Nice goin NK... ya always did have an eye for the cheap stuff!:eek:

·
Registered
689 Posts

Clyde
Yep, sure have.

Came home last week from Christmas shopping. It was around 9:30PM. I hear alot of noise coming from my back porch. I flip on the light to see a frigging huge possum fighting with my cat that is less than 1 year old, so not as big as the possum!

I had my CBOB on me, so I just pulled it out and, well, couldn't shoot it there, so I kicked it off my porch. The little rat hissed at me so I shot once and ended it.

I learned 2 things. 1, I remember why I wear earplugs. :bawling: 2, I live in a residential area. The police was in my area within 5 minutes with spotlights up and down the streets. :biglaugh:

I thought about just telling them, but you never know which cop you are going to get, so I just stayed in the house and listened to the unpleasant buzzing in my ears.

Oh yeah....my cat, didn't even flinch when I shot. I knew I liked him. :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts