1911Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
If the current admin gets their way there will be zero legal private firearms ownership. They would do it in one shot if they thought they could get away with it. Instead they will try the salami technique, one small slice at a time, until it is all gone. That may work. That is, IMHO, one reason they want to pack the Supreme Court. For practical purposes the Constitution says what the Supreme Court says it says. Actual meaning or original intent does not matter to people with an agenda.
Exactly. This will come down to two choices if this “rule” gets approved: do you register your AR pistols with ATF and essentially bow down to this administration or do you say “to hell with them” and don’t comply?
Because no matter what, this won’t be the end of this kind of thing from the Biden administration.

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
I'll sum up that "worksheet"

No matter what you do we'll still say it's an SBR.

Reactions: Buzz45

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
The guiding principle driving 'F' in ATF.........

It has nothing........ NOTHING....... to do with any else!!!!!!. If you believe otherwise, well..............

·
Registered
5,803 Posts
Exactly. This will come down to two choices if this “rule” gets approved: do you register your AR pistols with ATF and essentially bow down to this administration or do you say “to hell with them” and don’t comply?
Because no matter what, this won’t be the end of this kind of thing from the Biden administration.
Friends and neighbors of non-compliers will be rewarded for turning them in.
They will incentivize it in a way that makes life long friends and family become enemies.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Friends and neighbors of non-compliers will be rewarded for turning them in.
They will incentivize it in a way that makes life long friends and family become enemies.

100% correct. As it has been, so shall it be. I recall family stories of how neighbors were turning in neighbors, and even children were turning in their parents for 'wrong-think'. This wasn't all that long ago, and not far away either. It sure is a hard way to find out who to trust, but it's coming to a neighborhood near you soon. Hell, it already happened with the mask stupidity, although to a lesser degree. I still say that was a trial run at conditioning folks to inform.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'll sum up that "worksheet"

No matter what you do we'll still say it's an SBR.
That sums it up pretty good. The very popular SBA3 pistol brace accumulates a total of 13 points according to their example. All it takes is 4 points to be classified an SBR. Here's some sample worksheets they have completed for your enjoyment. Starts at about page 32 of this PDF.

·
Premium Member
9,483 Posts
Its a great idea! ;) No? :unsure:
And because ATF said it doesn’t expect anyone to give up their guns, the money would roll in if the rule is adopted.

While the agency estimated that there are 3 million to 7 million of the weapons held by Americans, other agencies and media have put the total at potentially 20 million to 40 million guns and regulated parts.

At those levels, the agency’s cash register could collect up to $8 billion in the first year of the new rule if everyone complied.
Their plan to end gun violence will work because if criminals like drug dealers and human traffickers have these potential SBR, they have lots of money and they will compile because they don't want to give up their weapons.... Right? Yup... the Democraps are brilliant! :geek:

·
Registered
24,612 Posts
100% correct. As it has been, so shall it be. I recall family stories of how neighbors were turning in neighbors, and even children were turning in their parents for 'wrong-think'. This wasn't all that long ago, and not far away either. It sure is a had way to find out who to trust, but it's coming to a neighborhood near you soon. Hell, it already happened with the mask stupidity, although to a lesser degree. I still say that was a trial run at conditioning folks to inform.
I am kind of thinking that this "critical race theory" is some kind of pilot program for something much more sinister.

·
Premium Member
9,483 Posts
That sums it up pretty good. The very popular SBA3 pistol brace accumulates a total of 13 points according to their example. All it takes is 4 points to be classified an SBR. Here's some sample worksheets they have completed for your enjoyment. Starts at about page 32 of this PDF.

• 1 point: Minor Indicator (the weapon could be fired from the shoulder)
• 2 points: Moderate Indicator (the weapon may be designed and intended to be fired from the shoulder)
• 3 points: Strong Indicator (the weapon is likely designed and intended to be fired from the shoulder)
• 4 points: Decisive Indicator (the weapon is designed and intended to be fired from the shoulder)
What a joke... its absolutely subjective and the point system is based entirely on opinion... someone has to determine if a weapon "could" or "may", or "likely" be designed to be fired from the shoulder.

They also issue points if the weapon can be fire with two hands? What, almost everyone uses two hands with a hand gun.

They issue 4 point if the weapon has a scope with eye relief incompatible with single hand shooting? What?????

Like I said before.... there is no rhyme or reason how they come up with this stuff.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I am kind of thinking that this "critical race theory" is some kind of pilot program for something much more sinister.

In my mind, there's no doubt about it. For them, this is the 'home stretch'. Those 'optimists' holding out hope for a 2022 or 2024 miracle would be better served just going out to the desert and hitting the magic mushrooms directly - cut out the middle-man I always say! There's a reckoning coming - we've been fat, dumb, happy, and totally distracted for far too long to effectively recover at this point.

·
Administrator
74,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Probably the biggest insult is that they've reneged on waiving the $200 fee and expediting the process to turn all these guns into SBRs. That was the carrot that they waved in front of us when they came up with their original scheme in December. Now that they know we weren't so easily fooled they're going for the stick instead.

·
Registered
24,612 Posts
Probably the biggest insult is that they've reneged on waiving the $200 fee and expediting the process to turn all these guns into SBRs. That was the carrot that they waved in front of us when they came up with their original scheme in December. Now that they know we weren't so easily fooled they're going for the stick instead.
You knew that that was going to happen!

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
I'm sure you could hand the identical gun to three different ATF agents and get three different scores on that worksheet.

Not that it matters. If they "feel" it's an SBR it's going to be an SBR.

The ATF is making new law. That's not their job and isn't anything they are supposed to be allowed to do.

The ATF is using a low estimate of 3 million braces in circulation. They can cite two instances where they have been used in a crime.

That's less than one in a million. If we take industry numbers of 7 million braces then it's clear the chances of one being used in a crime is very low. Two braces out of 7 million or a 1 in 3.5 million chance of being used in a crime.

If you live to 80 there is a 1 in 15,300 chance you will be struck by lightening.

It's very clear that this is nothing more than a complete power grab and a means to turn millions of Americans into felons overnight.

Braced pistols are far less dangerous than many common items. Swimming pools come to mind.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Here is a link to the ATF site to leave a comment about the braces. Please everyone leave a comment. They won't give up trying to take all of our firearms. So we are going to have to be more determined about keeping them. All of them!

dsk it would be good if you put the link in your original post since many do not read all post in a thread and it would receive more exposure there.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
What happened after the Federal 6th Court of appeals ruled that the bump stock ban was unconstitutional? As far as I can tell nothing the things are still banned anyway. It took like three years before it was ruled unconstitutional and they probably removed thousands from circulation without compensation even. I can see something similar happening with banning AR pistols too.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts