1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
Well,
I went down through that list, and unless I missed something, they don't get any of my money anyway.

So basically, they can all climb their thumbs and ride em on down the road to the poor house for all I care.

Reactions: TXGR and Potatoes!

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Yes indeed. Now all these mealy mouth Company VP's can go home and think they just saved the world. When they haven't done crap to improve the problem. Just skated around it. Not addressing and enforcing the laws on the books now. Idiots.
These aren't just VPs...they're CEOs and company founders. I wonder how many of them employ or could afford private armed security.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Revel models? To think of all the plastic models of wartime ships airplanes tanks...all glorifying death and destruction during war. Do these idiots really think they wont lose money overthis? Please spread the word as i already have to a group of 1500 another of 750 and one of 960 all support the constitution and its amendments. Ive asked all members of these groups to pass it on. Many have written their senselessors already.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Like I needed another reason not to watch MBA, NFL or NBA.

I don't waste any of my time watching any of the above on television, I spend that time reloading.

Hollyweirds, sports dorks, politicians and anti gun business owners can all pound sand. NONE of them will
get any of my time or money.

·
Premium Member
10,311 Posts
I looked at the list and most look like artsy-fartsy bunch of fashionistas that caters to mindless morons more interested frivolous matters. Most I have never heard of and I don't think they ever got one red cent from me. But if they want to ban 300 round magazines I will boycott their 300 page fashion magazines with non-binary unisex LGBT weirdo models. :cool:

·
Registered
199 Posts
"Taken together, the gun violence epidemic represents a public health crisis that continues to devastate communities"
Public health crisis? Gee after the last two years who coulda seen that framing coming?

I notice a trend; a lot of financial, medical, education, sports and tech related firms, as well as those catering to what I can only describe as 'yuppies'.
The usual suspects at this point. Fortunately I don't deal with Bain Capital, don't eat Ben and Jerry's, am no longer in school, and don't work in the medical or tech field, and haven't watched a 'sportsball' game in years, since they started getting 'woke' (though I sometimes used to listen to baseball on the radio).

Sad to see quality bicycle products, tho, if I remember they are a distributor sometimes used by local shops, have to tell my friend who runs the local bike shop - he might prefer to use another distributor if he can.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Orgs with > 500, all the promotion tripe removed:
Carlos M Herrera, Aeropost Inc
Allison Arzeno, Assurance IQ
Andrew Anagnost, Autodesk
John Connaughton & Jonathan Lavine, Josh Bekenstein & Steve Pagliuca, Bain Capital
Matthew McCarthy, Ben & Jerry’s Homemade, Inc.
Peter T. Grauer, Bloomberg LP
Owen D. Thomas, Boston Properties/BXP
Bill Magnuson, Braze, Inc.
Whitney Wolfe Herd, Bumble
Dan Brettler, Car Toys, Inc.
John Driscoll, Carecentrix
Thomas W Scott, CentraState Healthcare System
Dan Rosensweig, Chegg, Inc.
Marc Gorelick, Children's Minnesota
Chris Britt, Chime
Nic Barlage, Cleveland Cavaliers and Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse
Paul J. Dolan, Cleveland Guardians
Roger Lynch, Condé Nast
Jeffrey M. Solomon, Cowen, Inc.
Kenneth Lin, Credit Karma
Eddie Fishman, D. E. Shaw & Co., L.P.
Ed Stack, DICK’S Sporting Goods
Tony Xu, DoorDash, Inc.
Christophe Beck, Ecolab
Richard Edelman, Edelman
Julia Hartz, Eventbrite
Reid Connolly, Evoke
Ed Mitzen, Fingerpaint
Peter Finn, Finn Partners, Inc.
Brandon Schneider, Golden State Warriors
Nick Woodman, GoPro
Seema Chaudhary, Harbinger Systems
Russell Glass, Headspace Health
Sasan Goodarzi, Intuit
Libby Wadle, J.Crew Group
Rob Frohwein, Kabbage
Kendra Scott, Kendra Scott LLC
Kenneth Cole, Kenneth Cole Productions
Rick Greenberg, Kepler
J Schwan, Kin + Carta
Jieho Lee, Knighted Ventures
Jack Altman, Lattice
Daniel Schreiber, Shai Wininger, Lemonade
Chip Bergh, Levi Strauss & Co.
Neil M. Meltzer, LifeBridge Health
Luke J. Petherbridge, Link Logistics
Bracken Darrell, Logitech
Calvin McDonald, Lululemon Athletica
Logan Green, John Zimmer, Lyft
Don Weisberg, Jon Yaged, Macmillan Publishers
Zander Lurie, Momentive
Dev Ittycheria, MongoDB
Scott Gutz, Monster Worldwide
Vivek Sharma, Movable Ink
Tim Chen, NerdWallet
Wayne Ting, Neutron Holdings (Lime)
Sarah Friar, Nextdoor
Michael J. Dowling, Northwell Health
Howard Marks & Bruce Karsh, Oaktree Capital Management
Toni Petersson, Oatly
Ryan Gellert, Patagonia
Manish Chandra, Poshmark, Inc.
Rich Tauer, Quality Bicycle Products
Frank Reig, Revel
Zach Reitano, Ro
Scott Rechler, RXR
Laurence Baer, San Francisco Giants
Al Guido, San Francisco 49ers
Jon Oringer, Shutterstock
Brad Jackson, Slalom
Edward Rosenfeld, Steven Madden, Ltd.
Garrett Boone, The Container Store
Richard S. Isaacs, The Permanente Medical Group, Inc.
Jeff Lawson, Founder, Twilio
Esi Eggleston Bracey, Unilever United States
Daniel Ramot, Via
Anjali Sud, Vimeo
John Hassoun, VTG
Melissa Waggener Zorkin, WE Communications
Gail Heimann, Shandwick
Bismarck Lepe, Wizeline
Mark Read, WPP
Jim Lanzone, Yahoo
Jeremy Stoppelman, Yelp

·
Premium Member
6,983 Posts
I doubt I've spent $0.05 at any of the companies listed. The Presidents and CEOs who signed the letter probably all have hired armed security, live in gated communities, and have "staff" to go into Harm's Way so they can avoid the unwashed masses.

Grumpy

·
Registered
910 Posts
Boycott?

No. A boycott is an attempt to force a company to modify their behavior by promoting a campaign for people to not do business with them. I think boycotts are unsuccessful and a waste of effort.

However, why should I give my money or business to a company that distrusts me, wants to disarm me, and thinks I am evil? I don't.

Why should I invest in a company that is more interested in pushing a woke agenda than in pushing sales? I don't.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts