1911Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Field stripped my Partiot for cleaning this morning and discovered something I had never seen before. I'll let pictures below do the talking.

Click here for more pictures

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Hello,
I had that happen with a new Springfield once. It blew apart on the first magazine.
My gunsmith at the time told me that bushing failures are not uncommon.
I guess it doesn't hurt to keep a spare in your shooting bag.

:)

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
Aleko:

Send that pic to Phil at DW service and let us know what he says. I have never seen that before. I imagine that Dave has though.

Glad you saw it when you did rather than watching pieces fly out at the range.

Take care,
Art

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Art,
I'll most likely just have a local smith fit a new bushing; DW will probably be willing to replace it free of charge, but shipping alone wouldn't be worth the hassle.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, what's the best way to get a hold of somebody at DW these post-CZ-merge days? Phone, email?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dave Severns said:
Phone. Leave them a message, and they'll call you back promptly. :)
Thanks Dave. Do I call the 1-800 number on CZ's website?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got it. Somehow I missed that sticky. :eek: Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally received a new bushing today. Unfortunately, its OD is smaller than my old bushing was, so when I install it - it's so loose it rattles. :mummy: I don't have a micrometer to measure the exact difference, but just using my dial calipers it appears to be about 1/128" smaller. Another email is off to DW asking for another bushing... :mad: I'll post another update when I hear back from them.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the offer, Dave. I'm pretty sure I should be able to fit it myself easily, but it would certainly help to start with a bushing that's not already undersized. :)

·
Banned
14 Posts
crack

Probably had some stress left from heat treating. Not unusual with parts with that shape and made in high volume. I would suggest mailing it to DW so they can send one the same OD and ID. Current address is:

CZ-USA / DW
5169 State Hwy 12 South
Norwich, NY 13815

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Dean. I spoke with DW CS about it and was told that the bushing I was sent was the only size available, and that (I quote) "the tightness of the bushing has less effect on accuracy than everyone thinks". :rolleyes: I'll just buy a new bushing myself and have it fitted the right way...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts