1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Theres no IDPA in my area. Does IDPA have fun stand & shoot speed stages like the EL-PREZ(IPSC) or is it only field stages? Just wondering, Thanks!

Oh! almost forgot what about the "Bill Drill"?

[This message has been edited by Silver Surfer (edited 11-08-2001).]

·
Registered
366 Posts
It is a combination of both. Some stages are "standards" like El Prez. Most are tactical, simulating self defense situations. No stage is supposed to have more than 18 rounds required. Check out the COFs (Courses of Fire) on the IDPA website.
www.idpa.com

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
What part of HI are you in? There was a guy who use to frequent this site from Honalulu. Can't think of his name at this time but it'll come to me.

Check out the IDPA site like Chico suggested. You can find out if there are any chartered clubs in your area and you can check out there classifier COF if your interested.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
10ring, Maui, honolulu is on a different island, they do shoot IDPA. example- if one million people in hawaii, 750,000 live on Oahu(honolulu)
they have all the good stuff over there.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hey silver surfer, you have hit upon the ONE bad thing about Maui!! I was in Oahu and there is really only 1 game for IDPA, thats Arnold Teves and the Firearms Academy of Hawaii. I can't recommend Arnold highly enough, he is an absolute stand-up guy and has only your interests in mind. If you are new to shooting, or at least defensive shooting, then I recommend taking some classes at FAH (hmmm, there is a web page, but Arnolds e-mail is [email protected], IIRC). Its worth the flight for a weekend class. Where are you on Maui? If there was a way for me to stay near Lahina and be an army doc, I'd be there now, love that place. Honolulu was just too crowded and expensive though. Gotta miss the local ladies though, as long as there was no Samoan in them, they were choice
Anyway, buy yourself a jet ski and commute to the FAH, it is lots of fun and about the only thing going! LAter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts