1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wudda you think about a coonazz classic "shootout" on the internet (here) ? we could do something like & for instance a two mag contest at 10 yards - shoot no more than 1 mag warm up and then go for the two mag thing

anyone with a classic could join in - do the shoot and then post the target here

I'm not stuck on the 2 mags or the 10 yard thing - that could be decided by whomever cares to "get in"

I'm also not the second coming of Hickok45 (in other words, just a normal, or less accomplished than normal, shooter)

anyway, wudda you say ?

·
Registered
9,038 Posts
Sounds like fun. Seven rounds though or mag loaded to capacity and what kind of target?

Oh, and I won't be home till the 23rd...

·
Banned
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
those to be decided by any who care to join in - could take opinions and a consensus does it

personally I tape up 8" paper plates (cause the furnished paper target gets ragged) - we might also shoot at a couple of distances - say 7, 10, 10 or 15 yds - then measure the groupings, mark the targets and submit pics - say 1 mag at a couple of distances

who knows ? - oh, and the 23rd is no problem - would probably take at least that long to get it organized

accepting not-too-complicated suggestions

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I wouldn't mind joining in with my classic. I can guarantee my "groups" won't be all that great haha. I assume we would all shoot full house 158 gr or 125 gr magnum loads? I tried it on paper a few weeks ago at ~40 feet and my groups seemed to be like 6-8" with some flyers...

·
Banned
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
that would be great if you'd join in - I'm thinking the more the better

how's this for a "start" (only) for the rules : we'll shoot at 2 distances, say 7 & 12 yards - we can do a practice shoot of 6 rounds at each distance

then shoot at the 1st distance, 6 rounds, put up a 2nd target at that distance and shoot another 6 rounds - the best of the 2 targets will be submitted for the 7 yard shoot

then move out to 12 yards and shoot 6 rounds at your target #1 - put up a 2nd target at 12 yards and shoot another 6 rounds - the best of those 2 will be submitted for the 12 yard shoot

I use (9" pie plates) and change 'em for different pistols and different distances - but I've marked on the one below (and punched 6 holes in it to look like bullet holes) and then measured the 2 that are the further most from each other to get the grouping value - also posted my handle and the distance.........see below............wudda ya think and please post any better suggestions from anyone on how we might do this ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts