1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it a good Idea to carry hi cap mags in CA could you ever getting in legal trouble if you got in a shooting with a high cap mag?

·
Registered
332 Posts
i would suggest checking with someone in the local law inforcement "hypothetically"...perhaps from a payphone. (i don't know about you, but i don't need any more than what my 1911 holds) good luck and stay outta trouble.

------------------
Nothing like to smell of Breakfree to make my day complete.

·
Registered
287 Posts
It is not illegal to own or use normal-capacity (hi-cap implies bad things).
It is only illegal to buy them or sell them.
I own several for my Hi-Power that I owned before the ban. Just can't get any more

[This message has been edited by Kestryll (edited 10-06-2001).]

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Originally posted by Greg1911:
I am going to a gun show tommorow and will try to buy some.
Unless you are an LEO, with paperwork from the Agency, you CAN NOT purchase Full Capacity mags in CA... This has been the case since Jan 1, 2000.

Could you get in trouble if you had Pre-Ban (PRK's) mags, no.... They are legal to own, and carry. Just not legal to purchase, or transfer these days.

·
Registered
11,101 Posts
sounds like a good reason to get the hell out california! honestly i cant understand what good people are still doing in that state. didnt the degenerates and social parasites run you guys off back in the 70s? sheesh!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well in california they like to ban everything, so we have very tough smog and enviroment laws, they want to crush all the old cars or make you put a ton of smog crap on them but right next door we have our neighbor mexico which dumps everything in the ocean and is burning tires, so they are telling me my little camaro is going to make a difference? Nice weather though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts