1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me see if I can remember how my friend did this....He had a bunch of metal form 10 round single stack 45 mags and a bunch of either wilson or McCormick mags...well we were cleaning them and noticed that the mtalforms bodies were longer than the others (begcause of the HUGE follower they use?) well we put the McCormick followers in the metalform mags and fit 11 rounds in there !
and it functions fine !! anyone know if this would be IPSC legal for limited ? should be as the mag length is what matters....oh the friend who found this out is from here in Vegas....

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Yup... Chances are the mags bodies you have were made after 9/94, making them "post-ban", and if you modify them to hold more than 10, you could be looking at an all expense paid vacation to Club Fed.

If this was done to a "pre-ban" mag body, it could be tough to determine is the follower was installed prior to the ban date or not.

Any mag produced today that exceeds 10 rounds usually has LEO Only, or a date code on it to help determine status. Wonder if you put a date code of like 8/94 on it, if that would getyou by

Of course, I am not saying to do this, just wondering if it would be feasible

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,394 Posts
If the mag is no more than 170mm in length (measure along the back, from the lowest point to the highest) it is USPSA Limited legal. I suspect that most single stack shooters will be competing in Limited 10, assuming that the 14th Ed. rules are adopted, and there you can only load 10+1 anyway.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
these mags are from way back before most people were aware of metalforms exc quality !
I know I have had my 10 rounders for at least 8 years..making them PreBan.....I found a better solution though....Para P14 !
18 rounds is better than 10 (11)!!
sucky part of the deal is when we put the metalform followers in the McCormick bodies we had a low cap...mag would only hold 9 rounds....and I think he ended up changing all the mags back to be consistant.....I 'll keep my PARA.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts