1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am New. I just got the pistol and have not had a chance to shoot it yet and I was cycling some round through it by hand and it would not eject some of the rounds out. Some of the rounds would eject fine others would not. I was pointing the weapon in safe direction when doing this. I hope it will function ok when I do shoot. Is this a potental problem? Thanks. The Glock I have when it was new hand function fine. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,610 Posts
did you release the slide to let it drop by itself? also , are those new factory ammo or reloads that you used? i bought exactly the same pistol just a couple of days ago.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did release the slide and as far as I know the ammo is new. I also just pull back on the slide and let go it would eject and eject not eject not eject and eject and so on at the worst I hope it just mag.:(

·
Registered
90 Posts
dont forget when you shoot it the slide will be moving with more force therefore they will tend to eject more consistantly, also your extractor might be a little tight around the rim or loose one of the two. If im wrong about the extractor being a possible problem please correct me cus im slightly new to handguns, semi autos anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cycling live rounds may push the bullet into the cartridge, resulting in much higher chamber pressures. This could result in catastrophic results.
Mike

·
Registered
13 Posts
i had some FTF when I was hand cycling the gun,but I think its just the factor it was with my hand and not the gun doing it.

O welcome to the board I just joined yesterday & purchased my HI STND GI1911A1 as well

Good luck & lets hear a range report....

·
Registered
65 Posts
Welcome....there seems to be a few more H/S owners logging on. I agree with most of the folks have said here ......also be sure you have done a good cleaning job. I have mentioned in other posts that I had defective mags.....but it was not causing FTE's. After a couple boxes of ammo they came apart at the bottom. Armscor offered to replace them though. Enjoy you High Standard........

PS. What are they selling for now days??

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I am New. I just got the pistol and have not had a chance to shoot it yet and I was cycling some round through it by hand and it would not eject some of the rounds out. Some of the rounds would eject fine others would not. I was pointing the weapon in safe direction when doing this. I hope it will function ok when I do shoot. Is this a potental problem? Thanks. The Glock I have when it was new hand function fine. Thanks.
Hand cycling the slide doesn't replicate actual firing cycle.
Hand cycling the slide to empty a loaded mag is never a recommended procedure (specially at home) in most pistol design.
Listen to Vetcaw63's warning.

Go test fire (at the range) it and see how it works.

·
Registered
379 Posts
WHOA!!! It must be a conspiracy in the stars!!! Mine cost the same here in Maine=>:D:D:D $459.95

·
Registered
11 Posts
One thing i did notice with my HS for the first 300 rounds or so it was finicky with lube. My first day to the range I didnt lube much at all initially and got several hangups and then i sorta went overboard with the CLP and that caused hangups.

Honestly i think this may actually be a good thing as My HS is one of the tightest 45's I have handled.

Any of you other HS owners happen to know what size tennon is used on the front sight i am replacing mine hopefully this weekend and want to make sure i order the right size?

·
Registered
65 Posts
When I got my H/S last year it was $380 ....RIA was $420. I see that have gone up. I do not regret getting the H/S.

PS I am surprised that there has not been a High Standard basher on this particular thread yet......usually someone comes along and says "save your money and buy a blah blah.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts