1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember reading a LOT of posts about how the Arcus 94 and the BHP frames and slides were not compatible. Tonight, while cleaning both, that myth is shown to be just that: a myth.

The slide is slightly longer on the Arcus, so it hangs out a little off the back of the BHP, and the BHP slide on the Arcus frame is a little short, but timing checks out - hammers fall, everything fits and locks up.

Slide stops are 100% interchangeable as well. Trigger and other assemblies too from a visual inspection.

I used a 1975 Belgian Hi-Power and a current production Arcus 94 for the comparison tests. Your mileage may vary - but this shows once again the danger of believing the internet myths when it comes to guns.

·
Banned
501 Posts
Well I believe what you say about the slides and frames being swappable.
I personally know my Arcus wont take a Browning HP sear...my oem sear was chipped and we ordered a BHP sear for it. We tried 3 of them and had to get an Arcus Sear from Century. There were big enough differences that only the OEM Arcus part would work as it should. To each their own.

Shoot well.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Trigger, sear, hammers, magazine disconnect safety and some magazines are not compatible. I would NOT try to fire such a combination as shown. I doubt it would pass a headspacing GO-NO GO test either. I just would not. Your pistol, your money and your safety are just that, yours. I won't take that chance.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Josey said:
Trigger, sear, hammers, magazine disconnect safety and some magazines are not compatible. I would NOT try to fire such a combination as shown. I doubt it would pass a headspacing GO-NO GO test either. I just would not. Your pistol, your money and your safety are just that, yours. I won't take that chance.
Wrong on the trigger, at least. I put a C&S wide trigger in my ARCUS and it works perfectly. If the C&S trigger works, so should a standard FN/Browning trigger.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts